The Student Room Group

Will my suspension bite me in the future?

I’m in year 10 now, last year in year 9 I was suspended for being caught on my phone (one day suspension). Everyone else did it but I was stilll suspended. I’ve never been a bad student and I’ve always been on good behaviour before and after the incident even doing well academically and helping my school. Will the suspension still be put on my reference? And Will it come and bite me in the future?
Original post by N1o8
I’m in year 10 now, last year in year 9 I was suspended for being caught on my phone (one day suspension). Everyone else did it but I was stilll suspended. I’ve never been a bad student and I’ve always been on good behaviour before and after the incident even doing well academically and helping my school. Will the suspension still be put on my reference? And Will it come and bite me in the future?

Not likely. Suspension is a bit ridiculous for being on your phone tbh, I'm not sure I believe your post.
Reply 2
I understand why u won’t it was blown way out of proportion 🤦🏾*♀️ my school is ridiculous
Reply 3
No, they wont bring it up again and if they do it wont be put on a “record” or anything like that! Ive had a couple suspensions all for stupid reasons and because im a good pupil with good grades, it doesn’t change anything for the future whatsoever
Reply 4
Original post by user1616
No, they wont bring it up again and if they do it wont be put on a “record” or anything like that! Ive had a couple suspensions all for stupid reasons and because im a good pupil with good grades, it doesn’t change anything for the future whatsoever

That’s good, if they do I’ll actually believe my teachers have something against me haha
Reply 5
Original post by N1o8

lol noooo.

I had loads of detentions and in my Year 11 year and walked out of school and refused to come back if I had a bad day. They were awful. I always had good grades but they gave no support for mental health, which was my downfall. I was dared to sniff sherbet up my nose one lunchtime and my friend posted the video to social media, got in serious trouble as they didn’t believe it was sherbet. I did some stupid stuff but in my defence they were an absolutely awful school who didn’t care about student welfare or stress.

Fast forward a year, I am preparing my application for Uni and I hope to get into Cambridge. I volunteer in charity shops and give guided tours around medieval ruins. Life has never been better. My reference is spotless, college couldn’t care what happened in school.

You ain’t broken any laws, you have nothing on you. If I can get past all that then you are all good.

Quick Reply

Latest