The Student Room Group

Physical contact (dating)

I’ve been seeing this girl for 2 dates so far...

And because of the whole 2020 situation,
our first date was a walk in her home village in the countryside. It was pleasant and we got to know more about each other.

The second date was last Saturday, when I took her out in my car and went for a walk in a neighbouring village which has a little shop. We did our walk then before going back the sun came out and as I said about it she mentioned a picnic. So, we went to the shop and bought snacks, I took her out to a nice field where we sat down in the sun. Afterwards, took her back to hers and parked up outside listening to music for an hour before saying bye and kissing her on the cheek.

Now, here I am... 3rd Date on Saturday, forecasts rain...
And I haven’t made any physical contact with her for example no arm around the shoulder while walking... no holding hands. The only thing I’ve done is give her a kiss on the cheek goodbye on our last date. So, the reason I haven’t made a move is because I’m looking for signs, but she’s shy. I am too... and so I can’t face the rejection if I put my arm around her and she says I make her uncomfortable doing that. What do you all think? Any signs to look out for or do you all just swoop in with the hand holding or shoulders? Let me know :smile:
hi,

sometimes it's best just to take a risk in a relationship. If she doesnt like it im sure she will tell you so i think you should make a move. If you are worried about it you could ask her but signs could be flirting and looking into each others eyes.

i hope this helps and you are happy together x
Bruh, she’s going on a THIRD date with you so she probs does like you.

If you’re not sure though then maybe ask her where she sees your relationship going, if she wants to be friends or something more?
Good luck by the way, let us know how it goes! Xx

Quick Reply

Latest