Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I speak to myself a lot. I imagine myself as a Prime Minister (I want to become PM when I’m older) and make up dramatic scenarios. I escape reality and create a whole other world based around what I want. I want to feel powerful.
jayproff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
🤣lol
Synergy_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you find yourself escaping to this fantasy word a lot, I believe there is a term for it: maladaptive daydreaming.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No, lol. When did you start say dreaming like this? Was it after a particularly traumatic event?
Hhghn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think it’s perfectly normal. Sometimes it can be used as a coping mechanism for high stressful situation in which own must shift personality to protect self. It can be used by people who have experienced trauma in the past. However that is not true for all cases. Hope this helps.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
lots of people imagine various things like this. it's totally normal.
Rose_symonia
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I do this Lmao,it’s fine as long as you’re not excessively doing it and it’s not contributing to your real life in any way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads