Can I apply to a different course through clearing early as a current student?

Watch
impala2chef
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi guys I am currently nearing the end of a foundation year but I don't think I have made the grade for next year.

I have seen several courses available on ucas clearing that I want to apply to. Is it possible to apply to these now?

And I also don't know how to submit ucas applications while I am a current student, do I just make a new account?

Thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by impala2chef)
Hi guys I am currently nearing the end of a foundation year but I don't think I have made the grade for next year.

I have seen several courses available on ucas clearing that I want to apply to. Is it possible to apply to these now?

And I also don't know how to submit ucas applications while I am a current student, do I just make a new account?

Thanks
Clearing isn’t open yet and ucas isn’t showing clearing vacancies.

Have a look at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas forum for the University Transfer FAQ thread. The first post explains what you need to do to apply to transfer universities.

You should start your application asap as it may take a while to arrange a reference. At the same time you need to talk to universities about the suitability of your foundation year
jadefn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey, if you do go through clearing then you are fine to apply for a different course regarding the uni still has spaces and you meet entry requirements! https://www.whatuni.com/advice/ultim...e-guide/41459/
impala2chef
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
Clearing isn’t open yet and ucas isn’t showing clearing vacancies.

Have a look at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas forum for the University Transfer FAQ thread. The first post explains what you need to do to apply to transfer universities.

You should start your application asap as it may take a while to arrange a reference. At the same time you need to talk to universities about the suitability of your foundation year
Thanks for the help. Do I need a reference to apply through clearing? And also, is this not the clearing list? https://digital.ucas.com/coursedispl...t=ProviderAtoZ
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by impala2chef)
Thanks for the help. Do I need a reference to apply through clearing? And also, is this not the clearing list? https://digital.ucas.com/coursedispl...t=ProviderAtoZ
Normally you need a reference unless your university agrees to leave it.

That’s just the list of all courses. If you filter for available courses then that will show you courses open to late applications or extra applications.

Clearing listings will start to show in July and will be changing through July, August and September.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (269)
56.39%
I don't have everything I need (208)
43.61%

Watched Threads