unsweetenedblue
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m 16 turning 17 in October. I may be moving with my dad in Scotland so will this mean i would be in s5 or s6? i would hope to be in s5 as i think it’s the next step after (the equivalent of) gcses.
Amna_J
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Name:  DEDE734B-0848-44D0-B975-C1F803CBF3CE.jpeg
Views: 5
Size:  108.2 KB
I think you would be in S6.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
15-16 is S4
16-17 is S5
17-18 is S6
Kubsyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by unsweetenedblue)
I’m 16 turning 17 in October. I may be moving with my dad in Scotland so will this mean i would be in s5 or s6? i would hope to be in s5 as i think it’s the next step after (the equivalent of) gcses.
S6
pineapplepink
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
you'd be in s6 cos I'm in s6 and a bunch of people in my year will be 17 in october
IbeIC123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You could join s5 as I know some people in my year who are turning 17 in October
Horsesarethebest
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You would probably be in s5 as we start school at 5 rather than at 4 and most people sit highers at 17 in S5 and Advanced Highers at 18 in S6
ROC10
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If the last education you competed in England was GCSE (Year 11), the ideal year to enter would be S5. You’ll possibly be the oldest in the year but that’s not really an issue. I’d recommend ignoring the table posted above. S5 is more equivalent to Year 12 and not Year 11 as it’s not compulsory (provided you are at least 16) and most people tend to do at least some Highers in S5. The Scottish system is more flexible than the English one though as all courses are one year in length and you can do a mix of National 5 (GCSE+), Higher (~AS) and Advanced Higher (~A2) across S5/6.
Last edited by ROC10; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (38)
20.99%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (45)
24.86%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (29)
16.02%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (39)
21.55%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (16)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (14)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise