Lockdown easing in the UK

Watch
hannahd0236
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What does everyone think about the further easing of the lockdown from 4th July?
ThatGuy89
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well all the idiots in the country abandoned it weeks ago so tbh it doesn't really matter whether its now or not. Germany has just hit another peak and they had quite stringent conditions, I wouldnt be surprised after all the beach goers, park picnics and protests we end up the same!
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThatGuy89)
Well all the idiots in the country abandoned it weeks ago so tbh it doesn't really matter whether its now or not. Germany has just hit another peak and they had quite stringent conditions, I wouldnt be surprised after all the beach goers, park picnics and protests we end up the same!
Literally yesterday loads of people went to the beach and there were crowds. Like where's the social distancing?? I also wouldn't be surprised if we entered another lockdown
MohamedAdan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same even in my park there are lots of people that are not social distancing and families as well from my neighbourhood so putting in a second complete lockdown would be difficult for me as I am going to LJMU but not too difficult for someone that respects the rules of the lockdown since it started. Even I do have friends, we are all try to do social distance like If I can do it anyone can do it, it's not rocket science and its straight-forward to follow the rules.
ThatGuy89
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hannahd0236)
Literally yesterday loads of people went to the beach and there were crowds. Like where's the social distancing?? I also wouldn't be surprised if we entered another lockdown
Neither would I, but then I wouldn't be surprised if it was ignored even more than the last one!
Hamoudaye
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What does everyone think about the further easing of the lockdown from 4th July?
social distancing really doesn't exist anymore. All the parks are filled, Beaches are packed, Streets flooded with protesters. Now to add to all of this opening pubs 🤣 if people aren't following the rules whilst sober what are the chances they will after downing who knows how many pints.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
Neither would I, but then I wouldn't be surprised if it was ignored even more than the last one!
Yeah like if people ignored the first one, it would only make sense for them to ignore the second!
Hamoudaye
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if we have a second lockdown you already know no body will abide to it not after every thing thats been going on recently.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hamoudaye)
social distancing really doesn't exist anymore. All the parks are filled, Beaches are packed, Streets flooded with protesters. Now to add to all of this opening pubs 🤣 if people aren't following the rules whilst sober what are the chances they will after downing who knows how many pints.
Omg, what a good point. As soon as pubs open, I bet the first day they will be absolutely rammed
ThatGuy89
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if we have a second lockdown you already know no body will abide to it not after every thing thats been going on recently.
Absolutely, there's no incentive to stay inside now. Thousands of people on regular marches have set a dangerous precedent. The mentality now will be "if they can why can't I?"
Hamoudaye
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Absolutely, there's no incentive to stay inside now. Thousands of people on regular marches have set a dangerous precedent. The mentality now will be "if they can why can't I?"
Exactly, the majority of people where actually listening to the lockdown rules until like nearly a month ago now the it's the majority going out to meet up with mates.
Hamoudaye
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Omg, what a good point. As soon as pubs open, I bet the first day they will be absolutely rammed
I can already picture the scenes, just like the world cup 2 years ago. It's as if the government want everyone outside. It first started with people that can be bothered to exercise, then 'young adults' going out to meet mates and have picnics, then the families and couples that haven't been socially distancing together, now every lad who can get into a pub.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
I can already picture the scenes, just like the world cup 2 years ago. It's as if the government want everyone outside. It first started with people that can be bothered to exercise, then 'young adults' going out to meet mates and have picnics, then the families and couples that haven't been socially distancing together, now every lad who can get into a pub.
Omg yessss! It was unlimited exercise, which I don't think many people would've done no offence, then it was meeting friends but keeping 2m apart, yeah I doubt very much that they did, now it's meeting your family in a 'support bubble' but you still can't hug which doesn't really make sense because if you can go into a pub with hundreds of people, surely you can hug?
MohamedAdan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yup and before you know it, there is a mass gathering and the police can't even control people who are not respecting the social distancing thus making people (including us) that are respecting the guidelines feel like mugs.
Hamoudaye
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Omg yessss! It was unlimited exercise, which I don't think many people would've done no offence, then it was meeting friends but keeping 2m apart, yeah I doubt very much that they did, now it's meeting your family in a 'support bubble' but you still can't hug which doesn't really make sense because if you can go into a pub with hundreds of people, surely you can hug?
They say no hugging but i'm pretty sure people aren't listening to that either. I wanna see how they're going to do the 2m rule in pubs like what are you meant to drink by yourself on your table.
Hamoudaye
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MohamedAdan)
yup and before you know it, there is a mass gathering and the police can't even control people who are not respecting the social distancing thus making people (including us) that are respecting the guidelines feel like mugs.
There's already huge gatherings going about, Like yesterday on snap i saw that the entire park near me was filled with people who defo wasn't 2m apart and most were drunk yet the police just stood there doing nothing so imagine when it'll be legal to do that on the 4th.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
They say no hugging but i'm pretty sure people aren't listening to that either. I wanna see how they're going to do the 2m rule in pubs like what are you meant to drink by yourself on your table.
I'm laughing so much at this comment. Yeah like the gov are trying to make us feel like absolute losers. Like a person's gonna be like 'hi, can i have a table for one please?'
Hamoudaye
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm laughing so much at this comment. Yeah like the gov are trying to make us feel like absolute losers. Like a person's gonna be like 'hi, can i have a table for one please?'
single people are buzzing rn 🤣 those people that had no friends are acc punching the air. They can finally go to the pubs by themselves and not looking weird. But you already know people are going to show up in huge groups shouting across the pub just to get their mates attention
Issakatie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's kinda frustrating because the rules are dumb and most people aren't obeying them, but I have consistently. apart from maybe cuddling babies or your gf / bf I don't see the need to touch people, so idk why people are adamant about breaking them unnecessarily, it's just gonna cause a second outbreak then we won't be able to see anyone again
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
single people are buzzing rn 🤣 those people that had no friends are acc punching the air. They can finally go to the pubs by themselves and not looking weird. But you already know people are going to show up in huge groups shouting across the pub just to get their mates attention
Literally and shout 'GOAL' if a footie match is on. I think it'll be a sight worth seeing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads