Should i seek help or endure the abuse?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So i am 16 and a legal immigrant in the UK. My parents have been verbally abusing me since i was 7 and it started to get worse when i started experiencing episodes of Depression and i remember the day my mom found out and basically didn't believe me and then said while crying ''This is what you come to do me here,''. The abuse even got worse as my mom verbally abused me more by shaming me for my depression and self harm cuts and this caused me to have intense emotions and i learned to suppress my emotions till i always had big outbursts in front of them while confessing how much they hurt me and they always denied and gas lighted me. This outbursts continued until i gave up trying to convince them on how much they hurt me...

Fast forward, I learned to control my emotions and also self taught myself the importance of crying since crying is seen as 'strange' in my family. I stopped smiling nor being happy especially at my mom and this caused her to verbally and emotionally abuse me then threaten me with physical actions and so did my dad as well. I can remember the event and till this day...it is very traumatic to me.
Now, i have been smiling just to avoid getting hit and oh, did you know they also threatened to take me back to my home country..?

So, here i am enduring this abuse but i wondering if i should seek help or just endure cos... im an immigrant in this country and i migght get deported or something. Or even worse,what if my parents get me back and if they do, they will beat the **** out of me
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yes, seek help. You don't deserve to go through this.
Hamoudaye
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, i'd say speak to childline or some authorities since your parents shouldn't be doing that. They will give you better advice
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hamoudaye)
Hi, i'd say speak to childline or some authorities since your parents shouldn't be doing that. They will give you better advice
I dont know any authorities
Hamoudaye
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I dont know any authorities
Go onto Childline website https://www.childline.org.uk/
They have this feature called 1-2-1 Counselling it's anonymous and you can tell them everything you've told us and they will try offering you help, they will probably ask you what do you want them to do and they will offer you solutions to make it stop. At this stage they can get in touch with local authorities only if you agree, if not you can leave the chat at any time and they won't be able to react so if you do change your mind you can always back out
Anonymous #1
So i am 16 and a legal immigrant in the UK. My parents have been verbally abusing me since i was 7 and it started to get worse when i started experiencing episodes of Depression and i remember the day my mom found out and basically didn't believe me and then said while crying ''This is what you come to do me here,''. The abuse even got worse as my mom verbally abused me more by shaming me for my depression and self harm cuts and this caused me to have intense emotions and i learned to suppress my emotions till i always had big outbursts in front of them while confessing how much they hurt me and they always denied and gas lighted me. This outbursts continued until i gave up trying to convince them on how much they hurt me...

Fast forward, I learned to control my emotions and also self taught myself the importance of crying since crying is seen as 'strange' in my family. I stopped smiling nor being happy especially at my mom and this caused her to verbally and emotionally abuse me then threaten me with physical actions and so did my dad as well. I can remember the event and till this day...it is very traumatic to me.
Now, i have been smiling just to avoid getting hit and oh, did you know they also threatened to take me back to my home country..?

So, here i am enduring this abuse but i wondering if i should seek help or just endure cos... im an immigrant in this country and i migght get deported or something. Or even worse,what if my parents get me back and if they do, they will beat the **** out of me
Can someone please reply? I am in desperate pain rn
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Can someone please reply? I am in desperate pain rn
See post #5 about Childline. That is good advice to follow.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
See post #5 about Childline. That is good advice to follow.
i TALKED to one and they didnt really give me any good advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.11%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (712)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
20.01%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise