Im sick of grammarly adverts

can anyone relate
get adblock
Original post by MalcolmX
get adblock

i downlowded 3

Spoiler

Same, also Honey adverts on YouTube..
Absolutely! I'm also a professional writer and the number of people who have recommended Grammerly to me is amazing. I don't like it, to be honest. I feel like it removes your voice and tries to make it a sort of standard style. I much prefer to proofread and edit my own work (there are very very rarely mistakes left in when I do this myself) and that way it's as I wanted it, rather than partly machine-composed.
this is tyler. he's writing a letter to his boss, anita.
yes they're annoying af and i even get ads after i finally downloaded it :s-smilie:
Haha omds I love how theres a thread on this
And yh it's pretty annoying
Original post by yzanne
this is tyler. he's writing a letter to his boss, anita.

NO PLEASE NO :afraid:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Absolutely! I'm also a professional writer and the number of people who have recommended Grammerly to me is amazing. I don't like it, to be honest. I feel like it removes your voice and tries to make it a sort of standard style. I much prefer to proofread and edit my own work (there are very very rarely mistakes left in when I do this myself) and that way it's as I wanted it, rather than partly machine-composed.

I presume that was deliberate...? :laugh:
Original post by kingaharuna
yes they're annoying af and i even get ads after i finally downloaded it :s-smilie:

i ended up downloading it myself and its not so bad. but the adverts make it seem like a godsend lmao
and smile direct club or whatever it's called :argh:
Original post by Reality Check
I presume that was deliberate...? :laugh:

Haha, I never proofread my posts on TSR. Perhaps I could use Grammerly for this!
Haha, I never proofread my posts on TSR. Perhaps I could use Grammerly for this!

:laugh: I'm always doing this sort of thing. It tickled me.

By the way, I totally agree with your idea that it 'mutes' a voice. It sort of 'standardises' everything and makes it sound processed: the grammar version of autotune. I wouldn't use it myself, either.
Reply 15

100% agree. It is really dry and sometimes I think it gives incorrect suggestions, too.
OMG YES :five: I hate the Grammarly advert so much that I make a point out of disliking it every single time it pops up on Youtube :rant: (You would think that Youtube would take the hint by now and stop showing me that advert, but I have no such luck.) I literally did a whole internship as a writer, I am pretty sure I do not need spellcheck to 'correct' me :sigh: I can spell just fine by myself, thank you very much :grumble:

I understand that there are people who find it useful, but I am really, really not the right target audience for it :moon:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Michiyo
OMG YES :five: I hate the Grammarly advert so much that I make a point out of disliking it every single time it pops up on Youtube :rant: (You would think that Youtube would get the hint by now and stop showing me that advert, but I have no such luck.) I literally did a whole internship as a writer, I am pretty sure I do not need spellcheck to 'correct' me :sigh: I can spell just fine by myself, thank you very much :grumble:

I understand that there are people who find it useful, but I am really, really not the right target audience for it :moon:

loooool omg u did a internship ooooh smartie pants grammarly is alright but how much money r they wasting on these stupid adverts on tyler and anita

Quick Reply

Latest