Pablopip
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Are CORE Maths exams calculator or non calculator? Also, What exam board is used most for CORE Maths?
VryToby
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Pablopip)
Are CORE Maths exams calculator or non calculator? Also, What exam board is used most for CORE Maths?
In Core 1 you are not permitted to use a calculator at all. In all other papers you may use a scientific or graphical calculator. However there are some calculators which have features which mean that those calculators are not allowed. also i believe that it is mainly AQA possibly exell
Pablopip
Rep:
(Original post by VryToby)
In Core 1 you are not permitted to use a calculator at all. In all other papers you may use a scientific or graphical calculator. However there are some calculators which have features which mean that those calculators are not allowed. also i believe that it is mainly AQA possibly exell
Thank You
VryToby
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thank You
No probs
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Core Maths can mean different things.

The first exam of the old UK Maths A level was called Core 1 and was a non-calculator paper. It still exists outside the UK but hasn't been available in the UK since 2018.

Core Maths is often also used to describe an AS sized Level 3 Certificate in Maths Studies, typically done by people who need to do some more Maths in 6th form but would struggle with A level Maths. AQA's is here: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/math...l-studies-1350 where you can use a calculator in both the exams.
Pablopip
Rep:
(Original post by Compost)
Core Maths can mean different things.

The first exam of the old UK Maths A level was called Core 1 and was a non-calculator paper. It still exists outside the UK but hasn't been available in the UK since 2018.

Core Maths is often also used to describe an AS sized Level 3 Certificate in Maths Studies, typically done by people who need to do some more Maths in 6th form but would struggle with A level Maths. AQA's is here: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/math...l-studies-1350 where you can use a calculator in both the exams.
Thank you, that is good to know, I'm the second option. I am still in year 11 and just trying to prepare myself for next year so I don't know much about it. Again Thanks
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thank you, that is good to know, I'm the second option. I am still in year 11 and just trying to prepare myself for next year so I don't know much about it. Again Thanks
It is much easier than normal AS Maths - I've known people take both and get an A in Maths Studies and an U in AS Maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (106)
34.42%
Yes - a trusted person (88)
28.57%
No (81)
26.3%
I'm not sure (33)
10.71%

Watched Threads