Have your say: NUS launches nationwide student campaign for tuition fee refunds

Watch
tam13
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our NUS launches nationwide student campaign for tuition fee refunds article.

Read the full NUS launches nationwide student campaign for tuition fee refunds article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
Wont get them anywhere unless they take them to court.
Unis dont have the money and are looking at severe shortfalls this year.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't think the NUS have particularly reasonable goals here. I agree that students don't have many rights here and should have a bit more leverage, but I don't think tuition fee refund is appropriate and it's mostly pandering to the students who always shout "refund" whenever something happens - be it UCU strike or a pandemic.
username4917388
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This is completely ridiculous. There should be no refunds. The majority of university budgets are to staff, and it costs them the exact same for staffing as it would've done had we been on campus. It's even more ridiculous when the vast majority of the population don't end up paying the entire thing back anyway. Universities couldn't afford the refunds - they're already considering quite large scale redundancies and I'll be surprised if no university goes bust after all this. Quit whining, children.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
A classic NUS campaign, it will achieve nothing because the Government don't care in the first place.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I dunno if folk will have enough space in their 2020 Nationwide Campaign calendars.
NovaChro
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I totally agree with the article, to say in short.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you want Freshers' Fairs to work this year?

Completely online (9)
14.29%
A mix of in-person and online options (9)
14.29%
As many in-person events as is safe to do (39)
61.9%
I don't plan on attending a Freshers' Fair (6)
9.52%

Watched Threads