The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
MySpace blows. It's for emos and chavs. Get facebook, it's the more mature version of myspace.
Yes, get one :smile:
It's brilliant
Reply 3
who the **** cares what you do
why not

round here way more peopel seem to be on FB than MS
Facebook is very useful indeed. People may not like how important it seems to have gotten within parts of society, but the fact is that not having it at uni will be a bit of a hindrance.
It all depends what most of the people you know have. I have both a Myspace and a Facebook. I use Myspace more because most of my friends use it. Based on what you said, you should get a Facebook.
It's alright for keeping in touch with friends etc and organising events.
Reply 8
El Doctoré de Mystéro
Facebook is very useful indeed. People may not like how important it seems to have gotten within parts of society, but the fact is that not having it at uni will be a bit of a hindrance.

Very very very true. I hate facebook and loathed the idea of creating one but then realised as to how many events you miss out on at uni/college because people only advertise it on facebook and never actually bother doing real invites (purely out of convenience).
It also is a real ice-breaker when meeting new people at uni etc etc.
As much as I hate it, for uni and for college facebook really does help.
In the words of a drunk friend last night.

"You fail at life if you aren't on Facebook".
I've also been considering joining facebook.. i'm still stuck on Myspace.. but most people have moved over to facebook.. i'm holding out for as long as possible but i will get it before uni!
Reply 11
Get Facebook.
Reply 12
Democracy
MySpace blows. It's for emos and chavs. Get facebook, it's the more mature version of myspace.

lol :ditto:
Norfolkadam
In the words of a drunk friend last night.

"You fail at life if you aren't on Facebook".

This.

I ALMOST feel like never inviting my friends without facebook to anything, and I definitely wouldn't consider going to uni and not having one..
MySpace is now obsolete - Facebook is the way of the future. All the cool kids have it. :cool:
Reply 15
Definitely get a Facebook account :biggrin:
Yes, otherwise you'll have no friends at university and you won't get invited to any events! :rolleyes:
TBH, who really cares? Just get it if you want it...or just for the hell of it.
You will be missed out of so many events if you don't get it.. everything is organized through facebook. Also useful to meet people in your flat at uni.
Reply 18
squid
I don't like social networking, but I prefer myspace out of facebook, myspace and bebo for it's ease of use. Facebook's "home page" seems too cluttered for my liking, myspace is easy to navigate.

Do you honestly think so?! I HATE Bebo/Myspace because of it's 'clutteredness'. I really don't like the way you can edit your profile to whatever your want, whereas with Facebook it's all standardised and keeps in well with my OCD tendencies. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending