The Student Room Group

boyfriend slept with 2 other girls right after we broke up?

Okay so this is a LONG STORY! me and my ex bf got in contact after 6 months of not talking, we talked for a few weeks then met up with each other, now we both still had feelings but I made it clear that i just wanted a friendship bc I was still with my boyfriend and i love him. He understood however me and my ex slept together. My bf at the time found out and obviously I felt horrible and was filled with regret. after he learnt what happened we took a few weeks apart to figure out whether we are going to work it out or break up. after the couple weeks we decided to work on it and it was going so well until he decided to break up with me, which is fair in what I did. However i came down to his house because i panicked and wasnt ready to lose him as i still loved him and wanted to take responsibility for what I did. That night I came down to his, was the most painful night i couldve ever imagined. I went home, the next day i went to my friends house bc i wanted support from my friend and that night me and my bf (now ex) were talking, me begging him to let me fix things so he gave me a chance and told me he slept with this girl and the girls friend that night. it absolutely broke me because he's not the type of person to do that. I knew this girl but however didnt know her friend. but previously before anything happened I mentioned that I disliked this girl and wanted my bf to not hang out with her, however they have know each other since childhood and fell out ages ago but they became in contact again but I just had a bad feeling as she was the one to take his virginity and was bad news anyway because he told me that. After everything we are back together and he has blocked her on everything, I'm guessing my question is I'm finding it difficult to move on from that and I don't know if it would be easier to break up or work past it

Scroll to see replies

I think you should just break up. It seems like both of you are kinda unhappy (you cheated and he slept with others very quickly after he found out). Imo continuing the relationship isnt a good idea and it all seems to be getting a bit toxic from what i can see.
Split. There are millions of other better people who will treat you better, and hopefully you to them
So you're the one in the wrong, yet you're trying to swing the blame on him? :colonhash:
So you cheat on him and when he has sex after you have broken up he is suddenly in the wrong?
Just keep the relationship casual.
Enjoy being together with no commitment or exclusivity related demands attached.
No anger, resentment or jealousy either.

The freedom to enter into a relationship, leave it and have sex with whoever you want is what makes informal relationships casual.
You need to remember that it is not realistic to expected a guy to act like your husband until he is- with official marriage certificate, rings and wedding vows.
Nor are you bound by vows of sexual exclusivity and life long commitment until you make them.
When the relationship or partner doesn't suit either person's needs any more, they can end it and move on with their life.
Best to split,, you two both made very big mistakes and personally I'd find it hard to continue a relatioship knowing what happened
Original post by Anonymous
I think you should just break up. It seems like both of you are kinda unhappy (you cheated and he slept with others very quickly after he found out). Imo continuing the relationship isnt a good idea and it all seems to be getting a bit toxic from what i can see

we love each other very much and I wouldn't do anything to hurt him on purpose, however me and my ex were together for 2 years so there was a bond that was unbreakable but obviously I do regret what happened between me and my ex, just finding it hard because we are getting past it now just I feel hurt that he slept with someone else too yknow. But I take full blame and responsibility
Original post by --Student
So you're the one in the wrong, yet you're trying to swing the blame on him? :colonhash:

I'm not blaming at all on him. he should also take responsibility for his actions because yes I cheated but I came down that night to take responsibility and work things out then the next day I learnt that he has slept with a girl from his childhood and not only her, but another girl too at the same time. I get it he is hurt but I'm hurt too because he slept with two other girls when I was trying to make things work and same with him.
Original post by hjm.bby
I'm not blaming at all on him. he should also take responsibility for his actions because yes I cheated but I came down that night to take responsibility and work things out then the next day I learnt that he has slept with a girl from his childhood and not only her, but another girl too at the same time. I get it he is hurt but I'm hurt too because he slept with two other girls when I was trying to make things work and same with him.

He slept with two girls whilst you were not together, that's nothing to do with you.
Original post by hjm.bby

He was single, he had sex... What is there for him to take responsibility for?

You do understand that he has no responsibility or obligation to you after you split up don't you?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by hjm.bby
Okay so this is a LONG STORY! me and my ex bf got in contact after 6 months of not talking, we talked for a few weeks then met up with each other, now we both still had feelings but I made it clear that i just wanted a friendship bc I was still with my boyfriend and i love him. He understood however me and my ex slept together. My bf at the time found out and obviously I felt horrible and was filled with regret. after he learnt what happened we took a few weeks apart to figure out whether we are going to work it out or break up. after the couple weeks we decided to work on it and it was going so well until he decided to break up with me, which is fair in what I did. However i came down to his house because i panicked and wasnt ready to lose him as i still loved him and wanted to take responsibility for what I did. That night I came down to his, was the most painful night i couldve ever imagined. I went home, the next day i went to my friends house bc i wanted support from my friend and that night me and my bf (now ex) were talking, me begging him to let me fix things so he gave me a chance and told me he slept with this girl and the girls friend that night. it absolutely broke me because he's not the type of person to do that. I knew this girl but however didnt know her friend. but previously before anything happened I mentioned that I disliked this girl and wanted my bf to not hang out with her, however they have know each other since childhood and fell out ages ago but they became in contact again but I just had a bad feeling as she was the one to take his virginity and was bad news anyway because he told me that. After everything we are back together and he has blocked her on everything, I'm guessing my question is I'm finding it difficult to move on from that and I don't know if it would be easier to break up or work past it

I think that it's his coping mechanism. He was hurt, he doesn't know how to handle it so he do what men's best at, sleep around (lol jk).
Original post by --Student
He slept with two girls whilst you were not together, that's nothing to do with you.

It is when before anything happened he talked **** about her then magically goes putting his **** in 2 ****s
Original post by hjm.bby
It is when before anything happened he talked **** about her then magically goes putting his **** in 2 ****s

How does that relate whatsoever to you? He talked about someone who wasn't you and then proceeded to have sex with them whilst he was single.

You cheated on the guy, you broke up with eachother over it, and he proceeded to have sex with someone. I don't get how you're trying to spin that you're the victim in this situation.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by hjm.bby

do us all a favour and never date again, how do you think he felt when he got cheated on you disgusting sub-human hoe? how can you be that dumb to to cheat then cry a river once he had enough of your crap? honestly can't stand people like you.
Reply 16
Original post by hjm.bby

take responsibility? you cheated on him you dumb 50IQ hoe.surprised anyone would want to be friends with such a backwards thinking idiot.Im not holding back at all as I can imagine the pain he could of went through while you sit on your ex's d!ck you absolute scumbag
You have some nerve blaming him. Break up and stop cheating on people.
NGL if my missus cheated on me I'd probably do the same, there's no way I would get back with her though. Once that dishonesty is established you'll be doubting constantly.
Reply 19
Can you write like a normal person ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending