NikitaStudCoach
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Who here as a student is trying to organize how they're spending their summer holidays? I just wonder how it is different compared to stay organized during your studies period.
Econ1906
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Unless you have exams then you don’t have much to do academically. You can use the time to relax or go on holiday. But it’s good to try and up your employability, maybe find a job, do courses to add to your CV.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by NikitaStudCoach)
Who here as a student is trying to organize how they're spending their summer holidays? I just wonder how it is different compared to stay organized during your studies period.
Hey.

To me getting organised during the summer holidays is more flexible mainly because I dont have anything that is on my schedule like lectures and deadlines during term time.
For me this means I can do things on my own pace so things like online courses, I can take up any work opportunities (internships, summer jobs, full-time work or anything). Also allows me to focus on things I have wanted to do but couldn't during term time.

Hope this helps
Doreen-maria- Official Student Rep 😀
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi NikitaStudCoach

I would say it is easier getting organised in summer, due to the fact I don't have to factor in my exams and assignments. However, at the same time I find that it's quite harder to have a specific schedule but this doesn't matter much as I can be flexible. My goal is to try and get some job applications done and learn new skills.

Zaira
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi NikitaStudCoach
Summer is a great time to get organised for the year a head. Some universities may release reading lists so you can get a start on them and get a start on your supplies you need. You tend to have more time in summer so it’s a great time to get a temporary job or look for work experience but it’s also a good time to factor in some relaxation time too.
Student ambassador at Lancaster University
Holly
UniofReading
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi NikitaStudCoach,

For me, it is normally either completing summer work (we have an ongoing folder of work that needs to be completed) or apply/carrying out placements etc. It's also a period where I take time to do my own hobbies and meet friends etc to take some time to rest so that I feel refreshed before the new year! Personally, I like to exercise and this helps me structure my day and wake up at appropriate times etc.

Hope this helps!
From,

Amina
Student Ambassador
Galdiowolf
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is it worth going over the year 2 semester 1 content over summer? I recently finished my first year at uni.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Galdiowolf
For my I did spend some of my summer doing reading for my second year and it can be beneficial to get a head ! But make sure you have some time relaxing as well
Lancaster uni student ambassador holly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.03%
Confident (55)
13.38%
Indifferent (58)
14.11%
Unsure (105)
25.55%
Worried (160)
38.93%

Watched Threads