purplegoldfish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Completely honestly, what was sixth form like?
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Depends on your sixth form tbh and also PetitePanda
bored_user:)
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Worst and best years of your life...
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by purplegoldfish)
I had a rough time at school, but I genuinely enjoyed Sixth Form. My teachers really looked out for me because they knew that I'd hated school, and I was finally happy to go to every lesson because I actually enjoyed all of the subjects. I got a part-time job in Y13 which gave me freedom to have more of my own money to spend, and it is genuinely a period of education which I liked.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Edminzodo)
I had a rough time at school, but I genuinely enjoyed Sixth Form. My teachers really looked out for me because they knew that I'd hated school, and I was finally happy to go to every lesson because I actually enjoyed all of the subjects. I got a part-time job in Y13 which gave me freedom to have more of my own money to spend, and it is genuinely a period of education which I liked.
:console:
Hannah0505
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
commenting cos i wanna know
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
:console:
It's all good now. Went from having my head slammed in locker doors in Y8 to getting involved with lots of stuff in Sixth Form, and running a massive society at university, and making lots of great friends.
badoom1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hell, absolute hell, life is dreary and it doesn't get better. I take Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Further maths and EPQ, life is sad
badoom1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its like getting a spatula then sharpening it and sticking it into your eye
fijitastic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
depends on ur school but i rlly enjoy it at mine. You're super close with your teachers and u can crack jokes and make tik toks w them. No uniform so u can come in ur pjs if u wanted.. no one does tho. Order food into school or go out for lunch. Access to the gym whenever you want. Wake up late if u have a free in the morning or go home early. Study the subjects you love. The younger years are sccared of you.

Downsides: A Levels are tough and you rlly need to focus a lot, and you should probably study in your frees
kadiatuj0001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's all good now. Went from having my head slammed in locker doors in Y8 to getting involved with lots of stuff in Sixth Form, and running a massive society at university, and making lots of great friends.
wow i am so happy for you
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Glad you're happy now :hugs:
Turtle01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sixth forms vary massively- if you get a good (no, strike that, amazing) one like I did, and you're prepared to work hard on subjects you love, it will honestly be fantastic. I'm going into year 13 in September, so feel free to ask me more questions if you want/you're heading to sixth form this year. I think to an extent, sixth form is what you make it, and if you're on the right course and the school is good, you have the chance to make a lot of it socially as well as academically.

Also, don't be afraid to do slightly strange combos of subjects- I take Geography, Politics and Maths and love them all. I've had a fantastic time so far; even during the stress of exams, my teachers were there for me and that was great.
Turtle01
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by badoom1234)
Hell, absolute hell, life is dreary and it doesn't get better. I take Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Further maths and EPQ, life is sad
4 subjects is a lot, plus an EPQ???? I take 3 plus an EPQ and that's enough! Maybe you could drop one?
Turtle01
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by fijitastic)
depends on ur school but i rlly enjoy it at mine. You're super close with your teachers and u can crack jokes and make tik toks w them. No uniform so u can come in ur pjs if u wanted.. no one does tho. Order food into school or go out for lunch. Access to the gym whenever you want. Wake up late if u have a free in the morning or go home early. Study the subjects you love. The younger years are sccared of you.

Downsides: A Levels are tough and you rlly need to focus a lot, and you should probably study in your frees
Oof your sixth form sounds like mine haha, there is a pretty good teacher-student dynamic (not TIktoks tho :-)
fijitastic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Turtle01)
Oof your sixth form sounds like mine haha, there is a pretty good teacher-student dynamic (not TIktoks tho :-)
yo what if we go to the same sixth form..
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's just like what you did in previous school years but with less lessons but more independence and intensity
Peter.G
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by badoom1234)
I relate so much to this lmao. I do the same subjects as you but not the EPQ. ugh and now with university applications and personal statements, My brain is slowly dying.
Synergy_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
It's just like what you did in previous school years but with less lessons but more independence and intensity
Can I ask if you enjoyed it? My brother is nervous about it too.
Synergy_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That is so impressive! Did it take time for you to achieve a good life at uni? Or was it good/ much better from the beginning of your first year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
21.04%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.77%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (66)
21.36%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
10.03%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.39%

Watched Threads