karlis5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi! I applied back on the 17th to teach Secondary English in London. I also got an email saying they’ve extended the response to 20 days, (nervously) looking forward to it!
derbystudent20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I submitted my application on the 20th. I have been checking my emails every 5 minutes since then! Does anyone know if Teach First send you a rejection email if you don't progress through to DC? I know the response time can be up to 20 working days but I am desperate to know one way or the other.
KellyW1989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi everyone. I've applied for Primary in South West, and applied just at the right time as their website says they are no longer accepting applications for primary or early years! Had my DC day 31/7 so now just waiting to hear. Good luck everyone
rg.c
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by KellyW1989)
Hi everyone. I've applied for Primary in South West, and applied just at the right time as their website says they are no longer accepting applications for primary or early years! Had my DC day 31/7 so now just waiting to hear. Good luck everyone
Hi,

I saw that early year and primary school as closed. Does that mean they aren't accepting applications for those sectors or does it mean that they have received enough applications for those areas and are planning to fill it with those who have already applied?
rg.c
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by derbystudent20)
I submitted my application on the 20th. I have been checking my emails every 5 minutes since then! Does anyone know if Teach First send you a rejection email if you don't progress through to DC? I know the response time can be up to 20 working days but I am desperate to know one way or the other.
Have you heard back?
derbystudent20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Not yet . I am still checking my emails far too often and I keep trying to convince myself that maybe no news is good news...but I am starting to lose faith.
Last edited by derbystudent20; 2 days ago
rg.c
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Don't lose faith. They did send out an email saying they've received a large number of applications this year. So, it will take some time for them to get back to you. I'm concerned that they've closed early years and primary schools. Does that mean that those who have already applied won't get a position because its full or does it mean that they will no longer accept applications for early years and primary?
rg.c
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by derbystudent20)
Not yet . I am still checking my emails far too often and I keep trying to convince myself that maybe no news is good news...but I am starting to lose faith.
Overall, how did you feel about your application?
KellyW1989
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by rg.c)
Hi,

I saw that early year and primary school as closed. Does that mean they aren't accepting applications for those sectors or does it mean that they have received enough applications for those areas and are planning to fill it with those who have already applied?
I was told they had received enough applications although there was space for everyone who had been invited to develop centre interview if they get through xx
rg.c
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I was told they had received enough applications although there was space for everyone who had been invited to develop centre interview if they get through x
Wicked!! Thanks for getting back to me xx
hj172
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I applied for primary but got an email from the recruiter saying that because I have a science degree I’ll only be considered to teach science as it’s where the need is more!
bluebeetle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by hj172)
I applied for primary but got an email from the recruiter saying that because I have a science degree I’ll only be considered to teach science as it’s where the need is more!
That's a frustrating sentiment. It seems to me like we should be trying to get more STEM graduates into primary!
Pgce2020
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Just had my DC this morning which I feel went well. Expect to hear back within 7-10days. I took applied for EY and primary my degree is EY but because I have an ALEVEL Science they may recruit me in that sector. Would be keen to find out if primary schools have been filled or are they just shutting that option off for applicants at this stage?
rockacham
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Anyone have their DC on September 21st? ☺️
rg.c
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Does anyone have their DC on October 06th?
wiwp
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Just found out I have my DC on the 24th August - seems so soon but I’m quite excited to get it over and done with. It’s my top choice scheme so it would really suck to get rejected.
KellyW1989
Rep:
?
Report 23 hours ago
Got a conditional offer today! Primary, doesnt say region (although already been told south west as I'm a parent), very exciting.
hj172
Rep:
?
Report 23 hours ago
Got a conditional offer today! Primary, doesnt say region (although already been told south west as I'm a parent), very exciting.
Congratulations! That’s great news! How long after your DC did you hear?!
KellyW1989
Rep:
?
Report 21 hours ago
(Original post by hj172)
Congratulations! That’s great news! How long after your DC did you hear?!
4 working days! So very quick
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (127)
37.57%
Take autumn exams (103)
30.47%
Look for a job (10)
2.96%
Consider an apprenticeship (12)
3.55%
Take a year out (65)
19.23%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
6.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise