yellowtides
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello,

I am a EU student who has applied for and received a financial loan from SFE this year (2019-20). I am currently undergoing a university transfer to a Scottish university and have had my future tuition fees waived by SAAS (Student Awards Agency Scotland). As such, I no longer need a loan from SFE.

What steps do I need to undergo to announce this change of circumstance? Similarly, when would I need to start repaying my loan and how can I keep SFE up to date while at my new university?

I have already called and sent SFE a "Notification of change of circumstances form (EUCO1)" detailing the change in universities along with a signed copy of the terms and conditions asking for a tuition loan of 1,820 for the next year. However, this was before being granted the award by the SAAS. How would I go about cancelling this?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by yellowtides)
Hello,

I am a EU student who has applied for and received a financial loan from SFE this year (2019-20). I am currently undergoing a university transfer to a Scottish university and have had my future tuition fees waived by SAAS (Student Awards Agency Scotland). As such, I no longer need a loan from SFE.

What steps do I need to undergo to announce this change of circumstance? Similarly, when would I need to start repaying my loan and how can I keep SFE up to date while at my new university?

I have already called and sent SFE a "Notification of change of circumstances form (EUCO1)" detailing the change in universities along with a signed copy of the terms and conditions asking for a tuition loan of 1,820 for the next year. However, this was before being granted the award by the SAAS. How would I go about cancelling this?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Hi there, if you have been awarded funding from SAAS then your account will be transferred from the EU system to the SAAS system and any EU application will be automatically cancelled. You wouldn't need to keep SFE up to date, you will enter repayments the April after you finish studying.
Thanks, Isaac
yellowtides
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Thank you very much Isaac!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads