Is working hard in school worth it ?

Watch
lhh2003
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have missed many parties, in fact don't reven get invited to them anymore, because I chose to study rather than get fu**ed up on alcohol.

I have been alienated at school, always been the "sweat" that some jealous students targeted.

I don't really have any good memories with my friends from year 10 onwards.

I have gotten very good GCSE results, and have carried the same work ethic with me through to a levels. I am going into year 13 in September, but I really need to know from people in my situation, is it worth it ?

Because I have realised I wont have much to look back on. Are all the efforts worth it by the time you get into a good uni ?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Depends...

on what you want to do in life.

on who you ask.

on where you ask the question.

On TSR... you'd probably get the answer yes as a consensus seeing as it's a student forum.
GodAtum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No, if certain subjects are not for you then OK. just as long as you try to be the best in something else.
Peter.G
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You’ve got to be good at something, and seen as you’ve already invested so much time and hard work into your studies I would suggest you keep at it. Get inti a good uni, get a first, secure a place on a top grad scheme, earn loads of money and you’re set. If that seems too difficult then you could focus less on your academics and choose a sport or an instrument or whatever and master it. You’ve got to invest your time into something though, and it may as well be your studies.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lhh2003)
I have missed many parties, in fact don't reven get invited to them anymore, because I chose to study rather than get fu**ed up on alcohol.

I have been alienated at school, always been the "sweat" that some jealous students targeted.

I have gotten very good GCSE results, and have carried the same work ethic with me through to a levels. I am going into year 13 in September, but I really need to know from people in my situation, is it worth it ?

Because I have realised I wont have much to look back on. Are all the efforts worth it by the time you get into a good uni ?
Now more than ever you need to work hard. This time will be the difference between success and potential failure. Working hard now gives you more choices in the future.

This is the advice that I wish I had been given - but circumstances dictated that I was not given the advice. Still done ok but in a circuitous route.

So long story short - don't waste your education. You won't regret it - you have the rest of your life to party
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes.

If you work hard at school, you have difficulties for about 10 years of life.

If you don't work hard at school, the next 60+ years of your life is screwed.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
always worth it
vix.xvi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lhh2003)

BALANCE IS KEY.

work hard, but play too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.15%
Confident (54)
13.33%
Indifferent (58)
14.32%
Unsure (103)
25.43%
Worried (157)
38.77%

Watched Threads