Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Apparently America suffers from Brit language too, such things as ...bloke... and.... shag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Apparently America suffers from Brit language too, such things as ...bloke... and.... shag.

I would love to hear an American say 'bloke'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    but it's the Brits' language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allthewayhome)
    Sometimes if i eat too much bread my tummy hurts.
    Hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Jasminn_S)
    Hehe
    Its true.

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Its true.

:yep:
    Aww, I too get tummy aches if i eat too much bread! But does that have anything to do with getting rid of Americanisms?

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I too get tummy aches if i eat too much bread! But does that have anything to do with getting rid of Americanisms?
    Well, but this thread has been done to death and I thought people would like some words of wisdom.

:o:

ReputationRep:
    no it was purley for attention coz they've got nothing better to say...

ReputationRep:
    Well, but this thread has been done to death and I thought people would like some words of wisdom.

:o:
    I most definitely appreciated it! Wise words indeed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helen_J)
    no it was purley for attention coz they've got nothing better to say...
    Attention? I'm doing it for the kids.

Plus, I really think you created a **** topics to jump on the anti-american bandwagon.

ReputationRep:
    Attention? I'm doing it for the kids.

Plus, I really think you created a **** topics to jump on the anti-american bandwagon.

unsubscribe then before you start crying about it

ReputationRep:
    unsubscribe then before you start crying about it
    Haha, are you like 12 or something?

You really hurt me. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    am i like 12 or something? are you like american or something? is that why you like can't handle this thread coz like you're so like American in your like inner self?

ReputationRep:
    hey fellas it's a quarter till eleven right now, august 23 (and since i'm hella sleepy momentarily i will go to bed) so i only have a new york minute to write this, after eating a pumpkin pie which i left in the trunk of my station wagon, unless my dad gets his fanny off the couch and gets it for me. if not i'll just eat some ****** left over from last night which my freshman brother made. if you're wondering why my mom hasn't gotten us anything it's because she's probably sleeping on the sidewalk next to a trashcan or asking for quarters. sorry i can't keep typing i hurt my finger i need to get some band aid which is probably in the mailbox. so long, one.

ReputationRep:
    am i like 12 or something? are you like american or something? is that why you like can't handle this thread coz like you're so like American in your like inner self?
    Nope, just think this thread is just pish and shows much unwarrented anti-americanism especially since its over the english language which I was once told has more borrowed words from other languages than any other.

It's a fools arguement to "have a go" at the americans for our society stealing their culture associated words - we are the ones that are actively using them.
    This is not a bad thing either. It's creates diversity - something which makes our language so great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtired)
    hey fellas it's a quarter till eleven right now, august 23 (and since i'm hella sleepy momentarily i will go to bed) so i only have a new york minute to write this, after eating a pumpkin pie which i left in the trunk of my station wagon, unless my dad gets his fanny off the couch and gets it for me. if not i'll just eat some ****** left over from last night which my freshman brother made. if you're wondering why my mom hasn't gotten us anything it's because she's probably sleeping on the sidewalk next to a trashcan or asking for quarters. sorry i can't keep typing i hurt my finger i need to get some band aid which is probably in the mailbox. so long, one.
    :p: thumbs.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, just think this thread is just pish and shows much unwarrented anti-americanism especially since its over the english language which I was once told has more borrowed words from other languages than any other.

It's a fools arguement to "have a go" at the americans for our society stealing their culture associated words - we are the ones that are actively using them.
    This is not a bad thing either. It's creates diversity - something which makes our language so great.
    if this is such a bad thread then go instead of claiming you hate it so much but are still following it, you have taken it all too seriously, as has already been mentioned by a few, about a few, so sit back and have a little rant about something if you don't want to then like i've said UNsubscribe

ReputationRep:
    Why? I'd rather sit and make you look like an ignorant scaliwag.

You've really struck a chord with me; too bad it was a bum note.

ReputationRep:
    Why? I'd rather sit and make you look like an ignorant scaliwag.

You've really struck a chord with me; too bad it was a bum note.
    lol damm i'm ignorant maybe i should go off and start a thread about how bad my life is and how i consider ending it coz someone i don't know or cared about had something bad to say about me

ReputationRep:
    lol damm i'm ignorant maybe i should go off and start a thread about how bad my life is and how i consider ending it coz someone i don't know or cared about had something bad to say about me
    Certainly not! Then I'd have to sit and post in two threads of yours.

Btw, If you don't like then unsubscribe.:p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.