independent student status/rental income?

Watch
adder8
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
When I first applied to student finance I got an email confirming that I'd be considered an independent student and the funding I've been given (full maintenance/tuition so far) would apply for the full length of my course. However, I've recently lost a family member and inherited a property that I was planning to let, and I wondered if rental income would affect what I receive from SF? If it would, would it make any difference to sell the house?
I would really appreciate any insight as I can't find any clear information regarding this.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by adder8)
When I first applied to student finance I got an email confirming that I'd be considered an independent student and the funding I've been given (full maintenance/tuition so far) would apply for the full length of my course. However, I've recently lost a family member and inherited a property that I was planning to let, and I wondered if rental income would affect what I receive from SF? If it would, would it make any difference to sell the house?
I would really appreciate any insight as I can't find any clear information regarding this.
To the extent the rent comes to you, then that counts as income.
To the extent savings generate an income, then that counts as income.
adder8
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
To the extent the rent comes to you, then that counts as income.
To the extent savings generate an income, then that counts as income.
I understand that, what i'm asking is whether the funding I receive would change because of having income. The reason I ask is because I got a confirmation email saying i'm granted independent student status for the full length of my course.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by adder8)
I understand that, what i'm asking is whether the funding I receive would change because of having income. The reason I ask is because I got a confirmation email saying i'm granted independent student status for the full length of my course.
You misunderstand the difference.
Independent status doesnt stop you being assessed.
How cna I say whether the income you get or the amount of money you will have will affect the amount of money you receive as you dont know this amount. That is for sfe to assess or you can use the loan calculator.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.61%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.18%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.83%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (97)
21.75%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.87%
I haven't started researching yet (48)
10.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise