Are you more a visual or auditory learner?

Watch this thread
JokesOnYoo
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This will be interesting, do you learn by visual images or listening?
Can you create images in your mind with high resolution or is your inner voice extremely loud?
samg09
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I’m definitely a auditory learner! I remember what has been said to me way more than imagining something in my head
Last edited by samg09; 1 year ago
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
(Original post by samg09)
I’m definitely a auditory learner! I remember what has been said to me way more than imagining something in my head
Out of curiosity, what do you find difficult about imagining pictures?
Does it feel blurry, thats how i feel sometimes
samg09
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JokesOnYoo)
Out of curiosity, what do you find difficult about imagining pictures?
Does it feel blurry, thats how i feel sometimes
I just find it so hard to visualise things in my head, for example you know at school when you were a kid you’d be asked to imagine a shape being rotated a certain way and they’d ask you to select the correct answer? I just couldn’t do it! It’s so strange I just find it hard to imagine something that isn’t physical to begin with
rxyaltyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
visual definitely
Rose_symonia
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Definitely visual,when it comes to listening I just zone out completely.
Fermion.
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
This will be interesting, do you learn by visual images or listening?
Can you create images in your mind with high resolution or is your inner voice extremely loud?
Visual. I can see something and just remember it for ages. I love diagrams as well. drawing things out, the lot.
username5277670
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
visual definitely. issue is i remember sommat ive seen in a film once than i do with any school stuff really without repetiton
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
I just find it so hard to visualise things in my head, for example you know at school when you were a kid you’d be asked to imagine a shape being rotated a certain way and they’d ask you to select the correct answer? I just couldn’t do it! It’s so strange I just find it hard to imagine something that isn’t physical to begin with
Thats so interesting, but i totally get what you mean!
TJ1997
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Visual for sure
Foxehh
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Definitely visual, but I cant do it in my head like you seem to be implying. I need a sheet of paper to write things down and physically see the words.
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Definitely visual, but I cant do it in my head like you seem to be implying. I need a sheet of paper to write things down and physically see the words.
Is it blurry to do it without a sheet of paper, sometimes for me it is
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
Sorry i just came up with another curious question, how do you remember as a kid that you were asked to rotate shapes i know its kind of a weird question, are you not using picture for that is it just like automatic?
Foxehh
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Is it blurry to do it without a sheet of paper, sometimes for me it is
I cant see pictures in my head too well. I can get the general idea of an image when Im drawing, but Im useless learning things without a paper and pen :lol:
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
I cant see pictures in my head too well. I can get the general idea of an image when Im drawing, but Im useless learning things without a paper and pen :lol:
Thats so interesting, but do you have dreams? How come you can see them?
Foxehh
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thats so interesting, but do you have dreams? How come you can see them?
I have dreams, and I daydream a lot. Its just visualizing things that Ive never seen before ( like a previous user mentioned, when they would say 'visualize the blue cube rotating ___' in school ), I cant see in my head.
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
I have dreams, and I daydream a lot. Its just visualizing things that Ive never seen before ( like a previous user mentioned, when they would say 'visualize the blue cube rotating ___' in school ), I cant see in my head.
Thats so interesting, but you need to close your eyes obviously to imagine it lol
Foxehh
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thats so interesting, but you need to close your eyes obviously to imagine it lol
Even when I do, I just cant see it :dontknow:
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
Even when I do, I just cant see it :dontknow:
Dont lie
Foxehh
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Dont lie
Erm, Im not lying. I cannot picture things in my head the way you are describing it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (280)
41.79%
The paper was reasonable (279)
41.64%
Not feeling great about that exam... (61)
9.1%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.46%

Watched Threads