Exite
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm going gcse higher science and year 10 mocks are coming. No tuition around my area is open and I have CGP books. I'm doing aqa higher triple science and don't know how to memorise quicker and in detail. I've tried making notes but it doesn't help. What do I do?
becausethenight
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You might want to investigate your learning style, and think about how you personally learn best (eg here: https://vark-learn.com) Within my friendship group for Latin, for example, we all memorised the vocab in really different ways, so I’m not sure there are universally available tips? Having several short chunks of focused ‘memorisation’, rather than just staring at the book and hoping it goes in might be a good starting point, though.

Doing past paper questions can also be a good way of sorting out what you do and don’t know so you can focus heavily on what you’re less confident with.

I hope that was at all helpful, good luck
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by isobeln)
My brother
This is against the rules - please delete this advert.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Exite)
I'm going gcse higher science and year 10 mocks are coming. No tuition around my area is open and I have CGP books. I'm doing aqa higher triple science and don't know how to memorise quicker and in detail. I've tried making notes but it doesn't help. What do I do?
Hi Exite!

Testing yourself with flashcards is always great for memorising. What I do to make it quick is I write a topic/question on one side and then try to answer it and then if I can't I will write what I forgot on the back and put it to the side and go over those ones multiple times. This means that you won't spend ages writing down flash cards in detail for things you already know. I also recommend looking for any revision Youtube videos or even getting a friend to call you and go through some things together.

I hope this advice helps!
Erin - Official Student Rep
Exite
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi Exite!

Testing yourself with flashcards is always great for memorising. What I do to make it quick is I write a topic/question on one side and then try to answer it and then if I can't I will write what I forgot on the back and put it to the side and go over those ones multiple times. This means that you won't spend ages writing down flash cards in detail for things you already know. I also recommend looking for any revision Youtube videos or even getting a friend to call you and go through some things together.

I hope this advice helps!
Erin - Official Student Rep
Thank you so much!
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What have you done with those notes?
Exite
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
What have you done with those notes?
I still have them.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Exite)
I still have them.
I meant like what have you done with it afterwards? Like have you made any resources such as flashcards? Do you test yourself with them???
isobeln
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Exite)
Try physicsandmathstutors.com because it's really good and its free. also try Seneca and BBC Biteisze will likely cover it. All of these are free as well which is a bonus (Seneca has some paid for courses but most the science ones are free). Hope this helps!
Exite
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
I meant like what have you done with it afterwards? Like have you made any resources such as flashcards? Do you test yourself with them???
I've already made flashcards out of them. I read the notes everyday but can't absorb the information.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Exite)
I've already made flashcards out of them. I read the notes everyday but can't absorb the information.
You might be using the wrong revision technique. For me, my method of absorbing the information is through practical work like past papers or flashcards but I would not be able to absorb any information through videos and things like that. Find out what type of learner you are and use their revision techniques. Maybe you are a more visual learner or auditory learner. It's best finding out what you type you are and what revision techniques work best for you and it will help you so much in the future.
Pablopip
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Exite)
I wrote out questions on quizlet and then repeatedly tested myself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (52)
19.26%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
22.22%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (52)
19.26%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (56)
20.74%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.26%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
9.26%

Watched Threads