b1nary
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
hey, just wanted to ask when GCSE mocks are done in year 10? as i don’t really know anything about them. do we also have mocks in year 11? are year 10 mocks counting towards anything?
any information about GCSE mocks will be much appreciated.
thanks
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi it's me again Year 10 mocks are in April time

Year 11 is November and then April/March time
b1nary
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuperiorPotato)
Hi it's me again Year 10 mocks are in April time

Year 11 is November and then April/March time
heyy, thank youu! do year 10 mocks contain everything from the gcse course like the actual exams? if they do, what if you haven’t studied them yet?
b1nary
Rep:
?
also do you have any advice for me to do in the summer holidays or from now to get 9/8s? anndd (sorry 😊) how do you reviseee?

thank you so much
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by b1nary)
heyy, thank youu! do year 10 mocks contain everything from the gcse course like the actual exams? if they do, what if you haven’t studied them yet?
Ok so in Year 10 it's only Paper 1 then the November one is only Paper 2 then the April one is both

also do you have any advice for me to do in the summer holidays or from now to get 9/8s? anndd (sorry 😊) how do you reviseee?

thank you so much
Um well this depends on how you learn best? And what grades do you achieve right now?
ella’s words
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hi! i’m a year 10 currently. i didn’t do my mocks this year, but they should have been around april time i think. i haven’t done all of the gcse content yet so no, the mocks will only be on what you have already done 😊
carxlinefxrbes_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hey, just wanted to ask when GCSE mocks are done in year 10? as i don’t really know anything about them. do we also have mocks in year 11? are year 10 mocks counting towards anything?
any information about GCSE mocks will be much appreciated.
thanks
Hiya, year 11 student here. Sometimes your year 11 mocks will depend on your school as I know some schools didn't do that many whereas others did them pretty much consistently. Personally, I did some in November then some in Jan/Feb time for year 11 mocks and for my year 10 mocks I did them before the year 11's did their GCSE's (as the desks were set up). However, unfortunately, I don't know if this will be the case because of covid. Year 10 mocks I wouldn't worry about too much as they tend to be more for your teachers to gather an understanding of where you are at with your leaning and are a brief indication of whether you'll end up sitting the higher or lower paper (this could change after your year 11 mocks though as grades can change). I remember that I worried quite a lot about them but there was no need to as the most important thing to do for them is to try and figure out what revision style works best for you (flashcards, mindmaps, notes, videos or a combo) as this really helps in the long run for prepping for the real exams (and year 11 mocks).

Hope this helps!
Exite
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ok so in Year 10 it's only Paper 1 then the November one is only Paper 2 then the April one is both

Um well this depends on how you learn best? And what grades do you achieve right now?
Wait. So you're saying that year 10 mocks are in April 2021?
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Exite)
Wait. So you're saying that year 10 mocks are in April 2021?
Yup I'm a current Year 10 student
b1nary
Rep:
?
thanks. haven’t really got any grades for this year. is flashcard making good?
b1nary
Rep:
?
(Original post by ella’s words)
hi! i’m a year 10 currently. i didn’t do my mocks this year, but they should have been around april time i think. i haven’t done all of the gcse content yet so no, the mocks will only be on what you have already done 😊
hii thank youu 😊😊
b1nary
Rep:
?
(Original post by carxlinefxrbes_)
Hiya, year 11 student here. Sometimes your year 11 mocks will depend on your school as I know some schools didn't do that many whereas others did them pretty much consistently. Personally, I did some in November then some in Jan/Feb time for year 11 mocks and for my year 10 mocks I did them before the year 11's did their GCSE's (as the desks were set up). However, unfortunately, I don't know if this will be the case because of covid. Year 10 mocks I wouldn't worry about too much as they tend to be more for your teachers to gather an understanding of where you are at with your leaning and are a brief indication of whether you'll end up sitting the higher or lower paper (this could change after your year 11 mocks though as grades can change). I remember that I worried quite a lot about them but there was no need to as the most important thing to do for them is to try and figure out what revision style works best for you (flashcards, mindmaps, notes, videos or a combo) as this really helps in the long run for prepping for the real exams (and year 11 mocks).

Hope this helps!
thank youu that helps a lot 😄
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
thanks. haven’t really got any grades for this year. is flashcard making good?
Depends on the subject. Flashcards are quick revision so used for key facts, points, statistics, equations and questions.

Testing yourself is very important and repeating the information back
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
thank youu that helps a lot 😄
You're on the GCSE study buddies thread right? Well you can ask the people there for help and I'll show you different revision methods on there :thumbsup:
b1nary
Rep:
?
Depends on the subject. Flashcards are quick revision so used for key facts, points, statistics, equations and questions.

Testing yourself is very important and repeating the information back
thank you, will take that into account
Exite
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You're on the GCSE study buddies thread right? Well you can ask the people there for help and I'll show you different revision methods on there :thumbsup:
Can you send me the link?
b1nary
Rep:
?
yeahh, thank you! 😁
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Exite)
Can you send me the link?
You want to join ok I'll send you the link
yeahh, thank you! 😁
No probelm
carxlinefxrbes_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

thank you so much
This thread might help that I made a while ago to help year 10 students with revision tips etc...
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6541570

Hope it helps!
b1nary
Rep:
?
(Original post by carxlinefxrbes_)
This thread might help that I made a while ago to help year 10 students with revision tips etc...
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6541570

Hope it helps!
hiya thank youu 😄
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you want Freshers' Fairs to work this year?

Completely online (16)
13.79%
A mix of in-person and online options (23)
19.83%
As many in-person events as is safe to do (66)
56.9%
I don't plan on attending a Freshers' Fair (11)
9.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise