Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Exite)
Can you send me the link?
(Original post by b1nary)
yeahh, thank you! 😁
Here's the link there are year 11s and 12s to help you out and some revision sites listed but I'll make a proper list and go through them in the morning I'll tag you two in and tell me your year group (b1nary I already know your's so don't worry)
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...s#post89448128
Exite
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by carxlinefxrbes_)
This thread might help that I made a while ago to help year 10 students with revision tips etc...
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6541570

Hope it helps!
Thanks!
Exite
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SuperiorPotato)
Here's the link there are year 11s and 12s to help you out and some revision sites listed but I'll make a proper list and go through them in the morning I'll tag you two in and tell me your year group (b1nary I already know your's so don't worry)
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...s#post89448128
Thanks!
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Exite)
Thanks!
No problem :yy:
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Exite)
Wait. So you're saying that year 10 mocks are in April 2021?
Hi it's me again Year 10 mocks are in April time

Year 11 is November and then April/March time
Ok so in Year 10 it's only Paper 1 then the November one is only Paper 2 then the April one is both

Um well this depends on how you learn best? And what grades do you achieve right now?
NO! Your mocks aren't always in April. When you do your mocks depends on your school (please don't assume that everyone does their mocks in April). Some schools do their Y10 mocks in May/June, some do theirs March/February others do them in June/July, January etc. You need to ask your school to see when they do them.
Last edited by 1st superstar; 1 week ago
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
NO! Your mocks aren't always in April. When you do your mocks depends on your school (please don't assume that everyone does their mocks in April). Some schools do their Y10 mocks in May/June, some do theirs March/February others do them in June/July, January etc. You need to ask your school to see when they do them.
Oh I thought all schools do it during the same time otherwise wouldn't it be easier to cheat?
b1nary
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
oh ok thanks! i will ask them
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oh I thought all schools do it during the same time otherwise wouldn't it be easier to cheat?
No once again different schools have different grade boundaries, do different mocks at different times under different circumstances. Some schools construct the mocks themselves, some mocks are done in a classroom as opposed to a Hall others schools have ridiculously high or low grade boundaries etc
Last edited by 1st superstar; 1 week ago
lulumillie02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey, just wanted to ask when GCSE mocks are done in year 10? as i don’t really know anything about them. do we also have mocks in year 11? are year 10 mocks counting towards anything?
any information about GCSE mocks will be much appreciated.
thanks
Hi,
1. In my school, we did our Yr 10 mocks at the end of February and the beginning of March over a two week period.
2. Yes, In my school, the Yr 11 mocks are around November time and again in March.
3. Yes, Yr 10 mocks do count towards your target grades and predicted grades but try not to worry about that too much. Just try your best.
BTW, The Yr 10 mocks don't cover everything, just the topics you have learnt so far. It could be any topic you've learnt since starting your GCSE course.
I hope this helped Good luck.
b1nary
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by lulumillie02)
Hi,
1. In my school, we did our Yr 10 mocks at the end of February and the beginning of March over a two week period.
2. Yes, In my school, the Yr 11 mocks are around November time and again in March.
3. Yes, Yr 10 mocks do count towards your target grades and predicted grades but try not to worry about that too much. Just try your best.
BTW, The Yr 10 mocks don't cover everything, just the topics you have learnt so far. It could be any topic you've learnt since starting your GCSE course.
I hope this helped Good luck.
Thank you. This really helps!
joanne.bee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You're on the GCSE study buddies thread right? Well you can ask the people there for help and I'll show you different revision methods on there :thumbsup:
hii i'd love to be on the study buddies thread i really need to clean up my act please could you help x
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by joanne.bee)
hii i'd love to be on the study buddies thread i really need to clean up my act please could you help x
Yeah sure just join in through the thread and post about the year you're in and your subjects
nicola_7_blue
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey, just wanted to ask when GCSE mocks are done in year 10? as i don’t really know anything about them. do we also have mocks in year 11? are year 10 mocks counting towards anything?
any information about GCSE mocks will be much appreciated.
thanks
At our school, the year 10 mocks were done in March/April. Year 11 mocks are October/November but I know of mocks being done in January. If you look in your school calendar, there may already be dates in?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise