73iso
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Dear All,
I would like to build human like Artificial Intelligence (AI) which can solve worker shortages. I have a few questions.
How close are we to creating AI that can behave like humans?
What does it take to build AI that can solve worker shortages and fill important vacancies?
What should I study as my primary degree if I wish to build AI that can solve worker shortages? The most obvious option is computer science, but I wonder if I will be in a better position to achieve my goals if I study Artificial Intelligence or Cognitive Science as my primary degree?
SAARH.A5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The technological singularity, also simply, the singularity is a hypothetical point in time at which technological growth becomes uncontrollable and irreversible, resulting in unforeseeable changes to human civilisation. Kurzweil believes that the singularity will occur by approximately 2045. He predicts paradigm shifts will become increasingly common, leading to "technological change so rapid and profound it represents a rupture in the fabric of human history".

Companies such as Built Robotics are developing solutions to solve the labour crisis. The construction robotics company has developed an AI guidance system that can be fitted to heavy equipment, enabling it to operate autonomously and reducing the need for human workers. The tasks that are the most dangerous, most repetitive, or most remote are the tasks likely to become automated to keep construction workers safer and allow them to focus on more complex and skilled labour. The end goal has to be not just automating tasks that human beings can do, but developing new construction manufacturing methods that are only possible through robotics, opening up new possibilities for building design and performance.

Succeeding in the field usually requires a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline such as mathematics. More senior positions may require a master's or PhD.
73iso
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by SAARAH.A5)
The technological singularity, also simply, the singularity is a hypothetical point in time at which technological growth becomes uncontrollable and irreversible, resulting in unforeseeable changes to human civilisation. Kurzweil believes that the singularity will occur by approximately 2045. He predicts paradigm shifts will become increasingly common, leading to "technological change so rapid and profound it represents a rupture in the fabric of human history".

Companies such as Built Robotics are developing solutions to solve the labour crisis. The construction robotics company has developed an AI guidance system that can be fitted to heavy equipment, enabling it to operate autonomously and reducing the need for human workers. The tasks that are the most dangerous, most repetitive, or most remote are the tasks likely to become automated to keep construction workers safer and allow them to focus on more complex and skilled labour. The end goal has to be not just automating tasks that human beings can do, but developing new construction manufacturing methods that are only possible through robotics, opening up new possibilities for building design and performance.

Succeeding in the field usually requires a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline such as mathematics. More senior positions may require a master's or PhD.
How would technological growth become uncontrollable? What does the AI guidance system by Built Robotics do and how will it reduce the need for human workers? I know that you mentioned Computer Science and Mathematics as the ideal options for study but what about a BSc in Artificial Intelligence or Cognitive Science? Would it give the prerequisite knowledge and skills for succeeding in AI projects?
SAARH.A5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 73iso)
How would technological growth become uncontrollable? What does the AI guidance system by Built Robotics do and how will it reduce the need for human workers? I know that you mentioned Computer Science and Mathematics as the ideal options for study but what about a BSc in Artificial Intelligence or Cognitive Science? Would it give the prerequisite knowledge and skills for succeeding in AI projects?
Technological growth would become uncontrollable when there's a replacement of the entire human workforce, takeover by a superintelligent AI, and the popular notion of a robot uprising. As I mentioned above, Built Robotics has developed an AI guidance system that can be fitted to heavy equipment, enabling it to operate autonomously and reducing the need for human workers, as the AI can complete more repetitive and dangerous tasks. Yes, you can also do a BSc in either Artificial Intelligence or Cognitive Science. These degree subjects would provide you with the skills that are in high demand for the AI industry. Although, more senior positions may require a master's or PhD.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (671)
33.65%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (847)
42.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.56%

Watched Threads