The Student Room Group

This coronavirus made apprenticeships harder for looking for...

So, i've never done an apprenticeship i have work experience and am turning 21 years old. From finishing college a year ago and to take a gap year off to decide if i want to do uni. These past few months during lockdown its been harder to find apprenticeships. I feel its even harder now for me because having to write essays like why you want this apprenticeship? is hard. Its so much easier having a career adviser or someone professional to guide you.

Funny enough, I've learned more myself in how to properly write something decent when it comes to applications. It's just so frustrating to apply for one job that's similar and the need to rewrite it to tailor those needs.
(edited 3 years ago)
It's good practise for after your apprenticeship though if you ever apply for jobs as a lot require you to write cover letters to go with your application
Original post by MedicWil
It's good practise for after your apprenticeship though if you ever apply for jobs as a lot require you to write cover letters to go with your application

Half of the time i feel like am repeating myself in questions, the jobs i worked for never either bothered with cover letters or qualifications.
Original post by FalloutZappy
Half of the time i feel like am repeating myself in questions, the jobs i worked for never either bothered with cover letters or qualifications.

If you're going in for an apprenticeship then I assume it's a job that requires qualifications.
Low skilled jobs don't normally need cover letters, but the higher skilled the job, the more likely you'll need cover letters

If you're going for the same types of jobs then the employer will probably ask very similar questions as there's not too wide a range they can ask that's relevant to the job you're applying for, just life unfortunately
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by FalloutZappy
So, i've never done an apprenticeship i have work experience and am turning 21 years old. From finishing college a year ago and to take a gap year off to decide if i want to do uni. These past few months during lockdown its been harder to find apprenticeships. I feel its even harder now for me because having to write essays like why you want this apprenticeship? is hard. Its so much easier having a career adviser or someone professional to guide you.

Funny enough, I've learned more myself in how to properly write something decent when it comes to applications. It's just so frustrating to apply for one job that's similar and the need to rewrite it to tailor those needs.

Hi there,

If you would like careers advice to help guide you through this our service is still available and we can look to get you a telephone appointment set up with a local careers adviser, you can call us for free on 0800 100 900 between 8am and 10pm, 7 days a week.

I understand that it is more difficult at the moment with many businesses pausing recruitment or stopping altogether, we certainly hope that in time things start to improve and we are starting to see more vacancies being listed on 'Find An Apprenticeship' on Gov.uk.

I wish you all the best of luck with your apprenticeship search and if you would like to get in touch with further questions through TSR we are always happy to help.

Thanks - Sophie.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending