History question argument: india independence

Watch
Yes134
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
To what extent were Indians themselves the only real obstacle to independence in the 1930s?
Could you say that haha dis civil disobedience being a direct challenge towards British rule was threatening to the British less like to give them independence at that point or the fact that ghandis non violence campaign almost failed as it shortly became violent or could the acceptance of some acts also be the reason why they were their own obstacles? I would love to hear some points and opinions!
zaidm1137
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Yes134)
To what extent were Indians themselves the only real obstacle to independence in the 1930s?
Could you say that haha dis civil disobedience being a direct challenge towards British rule was threatening to the British less like to give them independence at that point or the fact that ghandis non violence campaign almost failed as it shortly became violent or could the acceptance of some acts also be the reason why they were their own obstacles? I would love to hear some points and opinions!
I don't fully understand what you meant BUT. I am just gonna throw my knowledge in not even knowing what you want(LOL). Basically, Pakistan nd Bangladesh were part of India. India and Pakistan wwantedd independence, but Inida had to have independence from Britain. Britain wasn't giving independence. after a few year Britain let go of India but they were very cheeky and didn't split Pakistan and Inida up, they left them to argue amongst themselves(likely because together they would be stronger than Britain). Birtain didn't split India and Pakistan up, after a few fights hey split themselves up. Now they hate each other. All Birtain had to do was help them split. Britain probably wanted them to have enemity between each other
Yes134
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks sm, I kind of meant like to what extent were the Indians and their movements such as the protests that’s turned violent or Gandhior theGandhi Irwin pact more of their fault as a means to blocking their progress of independence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (34)
8.06%
Confident (55)
13.03%
Indifferent (59)
13.98%
Unsure (109)
25.83%
Worried (165)
39.1%

Watched Threads