Louie2009
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi I’m in receipt of universal credit. My SF award is £10,490 minus £3,893 special support and £1,766 learner allowance = £4,831. My universal credit assessment period is 13th-14th of each month. My course runs sep-June. How much universal credit would I be entitled to. Thanks
Vexper
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Louie2009)
Hi I’m in receipt of universal credit. My SF award is £10,490 minus £3,893 special support and £1,766 learner allowance = £4,831. My universal credit assessment period is 13th-14th of each month. My course runs sep-June. How much universal credit would I be entitled to. Thanks
I don't think they could possibly answer not knowing the entirity of your circumstances which would determine what you would be entitled to in the first place before deductions - and your course start date and end date. I don't think SF generally answer this question anyway as it's DWP who would give you a more accurate answer knowing what other deductions you'd have.
Louie2009
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Vexper)
I don't think they could possibly answer not knowing the entirity of your circumstances which would determine what you would be entitled to in the first place before deductions - and your course start date and end date. I don't think SF generally answer this question anyway as it's DWP who would give you a more accurate answer knowing what other deductions you'd have.
I’m already in receipt of UC so they know how much I currently get. I know my start date too. Just wondering if anyone knew how they calculate it.
Vexper
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Louie2009)
I’m already in receipt of UC so they know how much I currently get. I know my start date too. Just wondering if anyone knew how they calculate it.
You know you haven't posted in the subforum Ask Student Finance England right? In any case if you did I'm afraid a Student Finance rep on TSR who has no access to your personal information probably won't have a clue what your Universal Credit payment might be and I doubt they would want to discuss it in exact details in a public forum?

https://assets.publishing.service.go...4942/admh6.pdf

All the guidance is there with examples involved if you want to have a read through. I can help a little though.

Since you're a student whilst being in receipt of UC, it probably means you meet some of the qualifying conditions - since you have a parents learner allowance I'm assuming children;

• How much standard allowance do you get?
  • How much child element do you get?
  • Do you get any other elements like carer etc.
  • Will you have any deductions other than student income - like court fines etc
  • What date does your course start and end for the coming academic year - I assume you're be a student starting from September?
Feel free to PM me the answers
Last edited by Vexper; 7 months ago
amidls
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did you get this sorted? I'm in the same situation. I don't think my UC has been worked out correctly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (468)
51.49%
No (441)
48.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed