is it normal to pass out when menstruating

Watch
koorgan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
i’ve always had very painful menstruation, ever since i started getting periods.

i have terribly painful cramps alongside fainting spells. i’m quite a fainter in everyday life, so this just makes it worse. usually on my first day of bleeding is when the fainting is at its worst

i was wondering if other women get this? i also have PCOS which may contribute to the pain but i’m not sure. it’s just exhausting passing out at random points lol
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
I also have PCOS and quite painful periods and I have almost passed out twice due to pain. But I have never actually passed, either during my periods, nor at any other time.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
https://www.verywellhealth.com/reaso...ost%20fainting.

Apparently its not exactly uncommon, somewhat concerning though.
rxyaltyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
i've passed out due to pain, dw
Cloudiii
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
They are also very painful for me on the first day and I also feel faint sometimes because of it as well as feeling nauseous. Never actually passed out but have threw up once :/ .
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by koorgan)
i’ve always had very painful menstruation, ever since i started getting periods.

i have terribly painful cramps alongside fainting spells. i’m quite a fainter in everyday life, so this just makes it worse. usually on my first day of bleeding is when the fainting is at its worst

i was wondering if other women get this? i also have PCOS which may contribute to the pain but i’m not sure. it’s just exhausting passing out at random points lol
Go and see your GP.

This happened to a friend of mine, and in her case she was anaemic and needed iron supplements.
Tw1x
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Have you tried taking some iron supplements? It may be because you are becoming anaemic on your periods
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by rxyaltyx)
i've passed out due to pain, dw
That's not good, did you speak or see your GP Hun? Xx
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You should get that checked out not a good thing
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Karisa96)
That's not good, did you speak or see your GP Hun? Xx
yeah it's due to a condition i have. i have medication for pain i just don't like taking it cos it makes me feel sleepy x
username5027880
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by rxyaltyx)
yeah it's due to a condition i have. i have medication for pain i just don't like taking it cos it makes me feel sleepy x
Well be careful, dont want anything to happen to you. Xx
Amy06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yeah I used to be a fainter with my periods especially first day it was super painful would just cry for hours on sofa.
I suspect I have endometriosis which could be why
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (75)
37.31%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (22)
10.95%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.47%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (50)
24.88%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.96%

Watched Threads