Having a period but I'm on the pill?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, this might be tmi, but I haven't really been on this thread much and I don't know what counts as tmi on here so I'm going to go for it anyway.

I've been on the pill for like a year and a half (not as birth control - I just have freakishly long irregular cycles and they were always pretty painful). I usually take the pill for 3 weeks and then stop for 1 and have a period then. A week ago I started having a period, and I just assumed it'd be a random day but it's kept going for about 6 days (my periods in the week off the pill usually only last 3 days), and it's been the same heaviness this whole time and is showing now signs of stopping. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I'm not worried, just confused and a bit tired of it now, especially considering in a few days I have my week off and will probably have another period then too. It's not particularly painful or anything else abnormal, just really weird??

(this was originally on the normal health thread but i've copied it over because this is probably a better place for it)
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, this might be tmi, but I haven't really been on this thread much and I don't know what counts as tmi on here so I'm going to go for it anyway.

I've been on the pill for like a year and a half (not as birth control - I just have freakishly long irregular cycles and they were always pretty painful). I usually take the pill for 3 weeks and then stop for 1 and have a period then. A week ago I started having a period, and I just assumed it'd be a random day but it's kept going for about 6 days (my periods in the week off the pill usually only last 3 days), and it's been the same heaviness this whole time and is showing now signs of stopping. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I'm not worried, just confused and a bit tired of it now, especially considering in a few days I have my week off and will probably have another period then too. It's not particularly painful or anything else abnormal, just really weird??

(this was originally on the normal health thread but i've copied it over because this is probably a better place for it)
Your hormones are likely just going a bit wacky this month. This can happen for no real reason. If the bleeding continues or if you get it again next month too then you should see your GP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (23)
8.71%
Confident (32)
12.12%
Indifferent (46)
17.42%
Unsure (69)
26.14%
Worried (94)
35.61%

Watched Threads