Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking the subjects in september and i'm wanting to know the difficulty compared to GCSE. I only took 'core' science at GCSE and have just completed self-teaching GCSE 'additional' science during the holidays.

Would this transition be difficult?

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished doing both at A Level, and they're quite a lot harder tbh especially Chemistry. I found a lot of the things they taught you at GCSE were all lies :P They're good though, really enjoyable and fun if you get into them

ReputationRep:
    both very very difficult (chem slightly more so) - GCSE will soon be a walk in the park for you once you start AS/A2s in Bio or Chem! :yep:
    But lots of people have been through it so don't be scared before you even start it - stay on top of your notes and you should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    both are a bit of a jump, personally i think chem is a lot harder at AS(well module 1 was ok but 2 and 3 were a jump, A2 is gonna be even harder).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    both very very difficult (chem slightly more so) - GCSE will soon be a walk in the park for you once you start AS/A2s in Bio or Chem! :yep:
    But lots of people have been through it so don't be scared before you even start it - stay on top of your notes and you should be fine!
    Thanks for the information

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.