Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EducatingBrogan)
    Same as any country really, depends what region you're in. In any given country, you'll get the educated, witty, well-dressed young ladies with decorum, humour and pride in their looks.

Then you go a few miles away and it's "Eyyyy, Donna you ****, gimme me fookin' pint back or I'll shag yer bloke an' that, waaaaaaaah! *dances on pub table while having more-than-just-chunky thighs be molested by the entire village and their grandfathers*"

ahhh...sounds like home:yep:

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I think classic english girls who posess charm are celebrities such as Kiera Knightley and Sophie Dahl (although Dahl is originally Norwegian I think she has some english blood in her).

ReputationRep:
    I'm very charming when I want to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by titanlux)
    Would you say that english girls (in particular) are charming?

***** no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    LOOOOOOOOOL!
    I'm quite embarassed actually.
    But then not, because I know that while I might not be as beautiful as the Swedes, I'm not as hideous as any of them English ones, thought I'm half English.

being half arabic makes all the difference though.

ReputationRep:
    Depends. Half of them are most definately not, then about 20% of the rest are and the other 30% are sweet, bland or likeable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    being half arabic makes all the difference though.
    Not that much; grew up in England, English mum, don't speak Arabic, don't look particularly Arabic, had a 90% English upbringing, etc...

ReputationRep:
    Nope, don't know where all the charming girls have gone. :no: Id say 10-20% of girls now are "charming", the rest are throwing up on the streets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Not that much; grew up in England, English mum, don't speak Arabic, don't look particularly Arabic, had a 90% English upbringing, etc...

never mind.

spend some time in the ME. Arabic girls are incredibly seductive.

You'll probably age much better than your english girlfriends, so all is not lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    never mind.

spend some time in the ME. Arabic girls are incredibly seductive.

You'll probably age much better than your english girlfriends, so all is not lost.
    Ha, maybe, and I've spent quite a bit of time in the Middle East.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h82think)
    OP: I hope you realise that not all women are the same, whether they have the same nationality or not.

As for all English women being charming, I do not think this lady is charming in the slightest :p::

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/33/39...64230809bf.jpg
    At least the bottle of water is healthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sick Puppy)
    I'm very charming when I want to be
    In what way?

Some are some arn't. Where i live, many of the girls are as rough as a bear's arse. And they tend to be the fun ones.

ReputationRep:
    No. It's seen as 'uncool' for women to be charming. Apparently it's all about the teasing and chasing these days *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiscoPirate)
    Some are some arn't. Where i live, many of the girls are as rough as a bear's arse. And they tend to be the fun ones.
    I lolled about that big time!
    (Original post by Kat2Pult)
    No. It's seen as 'uncool' for women to be charming. Apparently it's all about the teasing and chasing these days *sigh*
    That seems to get very close to the truth. What makes it uncool do you think?
    One thing that seems to stand out in my mind is one nice gesture followed by another makes a pleasant cycle which has a knock-on effect. Does anyone else notice this? Eg: if someone smiles at you, then you at someone else: makes everyone happy and costs nothing. Yay! Is it like that with british girls?:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by titanlux)
    In what way?
    Smiling and manners can do wonders for a person

ReputationRep:
    YEAH!

I do!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/cont...18_470x352.jpg

ReputationRep:
    A group of English girls laughed in my face once just because I'm Northern Irish. I can't stand English women. No offense to any of you English ladies here. I'm sure you all are very charming.

ReputationRep:
    Charming to me is someone who is polite and has decent presentation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Charming to me is someone who is polite and has decent presentation.
    Yes a butler is polite as buggery and also knows how to act with decorum around people but is as stiff as a board. Does he/she brighten up your day with charm?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.