Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Since Tuesday I've had really bad wind, and I mean bad. All I seem to be doing is burping and passing wind. Before I maybe burped once a day and didn't really pass wind. It's as if about 3 years of wind is all coming out now, maybe by the end of it I'll weigh about a stone less :p:

Anyway, I haven't eaten anything differently than usual, the only thing was wholemeal bread (with seeds in it) with some smoked salmon on Monday, that is the only thing I can think could've done it (the bread).

Any ideas??

(Not really a problem, just weird and annoying to keep burping! One burp must've lasted for about 15 seconds the other day, much to the annoyance of my mother... :p:)

ps: I've not got any pains or anything, just wind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyballs2)
    Since Tuesday I've had really bad wind, and I mean bad. All I seem to be doing is burping and passing wind. Before I maybe burped once a day and didn't really pass wind. It's as if about 3 years of wind is all coming out now, maybe by the end of it I'll weigh about a stone less :p:

Anyway, I haven't eaten anything differently than usual, the only thing was wholemeal bread (with seeds in it) with some smoked salmon on Monday, that is the only thing I can think could've done it (the bread).

Any ideas??

(Not really a problem, just weird and annoying to keep burping! One burp must've lasted for about 15 seconds the other day, much to the annoyance of my mother... :p:)

Welcome to the dark side.

On a more serious note: i'm supposing it's not accompanied by heartburn or anything?

ReputationRep:
    No need to worry OP. Although I agree with DW above, it really is perplexing. Perhaps you've acquired some kind of allergic reaction to a food (far fetched- but plausible, i think)- someone correct me if I'm wrong.

But yea- your GP is really your best bet.

Oh, and there are some OTC meds that can help with the "wind" problem

Know you didn't mention it, but have you noticed any bloating, pain, or changes in stool since this started (just incase your forgot to mention it)

ReputationRep:
    Nope, nothing has changed other than the wind.

I suffer from heartburn sometimes anyway, even though I changed my diet about 9 months ago, it isn't as bad now, but there seems to be something in the family with heartburn anyway...

I'll see how it is by Tuesday, and if not I'll go doctors, I need to go anyway for insomnia (also in the family, Oh the joys of genetics) and tetnus jab.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Nope, nothing has changed other than the wind.

I suffer from heartburn sometimes anyway, even though I changed my diet about 9 months ago, it isn't as bad now, but there seems to be something in the family with heartburn anyway...

I'll see how it is by Tuesday, and if not I'll go doctors, I need to go anyway for insomnia (also in the family, Oh the joys of genetics) and tetnus jab.

Thanks
    anytime

ReputationRep:

Any ideas??

Heya I always find that I get gas when I get stressed about something. Could you be stressing about your insomnia at all?

Obviously check with your pharmasist or doctor before taking anything you're not familiar with, but I use Windeze to relieve gas - it doesn't make the gas disappear but sort of makes it all come out at once! Gets rid of any discomfort that the gas might be causing and gets rid of it fast

Hope that helps, and you feel better soon

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.