Gigi'
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello everyone, I have been thinking about psychology conversion courses in London. I am an international student and my first degree is in English Literature. I have no experience in psychology, I work as an English teacher and also have experience in voluntary work with kids. I am interested in health psychology and I'm interested in the Msc Clinical Health Psychology and Wellbeing in Middlesex University London. Now my question is, do I have to study two masters? like the psychology conversion master and then the clinical health psychology and wellbeing master? Or can I study the conversion course and get PG certificate or diploma without the research/dessertation ? Can a certificate in psychology or Diploma qualify me to Msc in Clinical Health Psychology and Wellbeing?
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
To work as a psychologist practioner, you'll need both the conversion course and the second MSc. You used to be able to do a conversion in the form of a postgraduate diploma (which is the same as the MSc but without the research project), which is what I did, but most conversion courses these days are MSc's. After you obtain GBC with the BPS, then you can apply for the MSc in Clinical Health Psychology and Wellbeing.

MSc = 180 credits
Postgraduate diploma = 120 credits (so 2/3 of an MSc)
Postgraduate certificate = 60 credits (so 1/3 of an MSc)
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 3 months ago
Middlesex University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Gigi')
Hello everyone, I have been thinking about psychology conversion courses in London. I am an international student and my first degree is in English Literature. I have no experience in psychology, I work as an English teacher and also have experience in voluntary work with kids. I am interested in health psychology and I'm interested in the Msc Clinical Health Psychology and Wellbeing in Middlesex University London. Now my question is, do I have to study two masters? like the psychology conversion master and then the clinical health psychology and wellbeing master? Or can I study the conversion course and get PG certificate or diploma without the research/dessertation ? Can a certificate in psychology or Diploma qualify me to Msc in Clinical Health Psychology and Wellbeing?
Hi, my name is Alex and I am ambassador at Middlesex.

Middlesex is great university which can provide you excellent facilities for studying. You can explore our campus here, during virtual tour: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/get-in-touch/virtual-tour Middlesex is about 10 minutes far away from Hendon Central station, where Northern Line works. You can also take a bus which will take you straight up to university. Our campus is new and modern.

About your course, you can look at different psychology courses here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/psychology
Middlesex offer Clinical Health Psychology and Wellbeing MSc. Supporting physical and mental health is central in all areas of life and employment. This master's degree integrates the promotion of health and wellness with a focus on mental and physical health. You'll gain the knowledge, clinical practitioner and professional skills you need for a career working with clients and patients in health-related settings. You'll also have the opportunity to undertake hands-on learning through a professional placement. You can read more about this course here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/postgr...logy-wellbeing

Please write to Head of Department Dr David Westley, I am sure he is right person to guide you here. His email: [email protected]

Our tutors at Middlesex are really supportive and students are priority for them. At Middlesex we also have the MDX Work- it’s an employability service, free of charge for the students, where you can book and appointment or just pop in and ask for help with your CV, cover letter, finding a job, internship or a placement.

If you need more information, please contact me.

I wish you all the best with your application. Best, Alex
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.4%
I'm not sure (32)
4.2%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
31.14%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.37%
I'm not a current university student (372)
48.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed