lalucoracha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi could anyone clarify the application process for self study, particularly application dates. Looking to complete 2 a levels ASAP and struggling to find any information on deadlines for application or even whether there are any.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Assuming you're in the UK, A levels exams are only available in May/June and the entry deadline at the exam board is in mid-February. To enter you need to find an exam centre (=any secondary school or college, plus a few private places) willing to accept you as a private candidate and everything is arranged through them. Their deadlines to accept candidates will be earlier than the exam board ones (because they need time to check everything before they submit it) and it can take a while to find a centre so I'd get looking in the Autumn.
lalucoracha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Compost)
Assuming you're in the UK, A levels exams are only available in May/June and the entry deadline at the exam board is in mid-February. To enter you need to find an exam centre (=any secondary school or college, plus a few private places) willing to accept you as a private candidate and everything is arranged through them. Their deadlines to accept candidates will be earlier than the exam board ones (because they need time to check everything before they submit it) and it can take a while to find a centre so I'd get looking in the Autumn.
Thank you for the clarification
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (34)
7.98%
Confident (56)
13.15%
Indifferent (60)
14.08%
Unsure (110)
25.82%
Worried (166)
38.97%

Watched Threads

Latest