popgirl101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What type of work experience did you get? I’m struggling and I need Job specific work experience or volunteering!

Also where did you apply and get into?

I would love with all my heart to be a dental hygienist but need help along the way.
lak19
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I’ve just finished my first year at Peninsula Dental School, my experience was 2 year dental nursing FdSc with experience of ortho, community, general and max fax, and a year working in general practice after graduating.
I applied to Plymouth, Portsmouth, Teesside, Brum, UCLAN
It’ll probably be difficult to get experience at the moment as practices are getting back on their feet after covid, but you have to put your self out there, email local practices for shadowing opportunities and also have a look online for into to dentistry courses, webinars and read journal articles for eg from BDJ or dental nursing journal
Also any type of experience/volunteering/shadowing within the health and social care sector would be beneficial
Hope that helped a bit, good luck
popgirl101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by lak19)
Hi, I’ve just finished my first year at Peninsula Dental School, my experience was 2 year dental nursing FdSc with experience of ortho, community, general and max fax, and a year working in general practice after graduating.
I applied to Plymouth, Portsmouth, Teesside, Brum, UCLAN
It’ll probably be difficult to get experience at the moment as practices are getting back on their feet after covid, but you have to put your self out there, email local practices for shadowing opportunities and also have a look online for into to dentistry courses, webinars and read journal articles for eg from BDJ or dental nursing journal
Also any type of experience/volunteering/shadowing within the health and social care sector would be beneficial
Hope that helped a bit, good luck
Thank you so much fo that insight! Also good luck to you too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads