lailahzaman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, guys I currently go to a state grammar school and am in year 12, my grades aren't the finest (the occasional A but majority B's and C's) and I feel behind as COVID has massively impacted my learning. However, my parents have given me the option to go back to my old school (an all-girls private school) to retake year 12. I am conflicted and don't know what to do and would love some advice or to hear what you would do if you were in my position.
emma543
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What do you want to do when you leave school? Can I still do my dream job with these grades? What uni do you want to go to- will you meet the entry requirments? I would be asking myself this- if the answer is no then retake the year, if the answer is yes then what's the point of retaking a year?

Hope this helps
lailahzaman
Rep:
?
(Original post by emma543)
What do you want to do when you leave school? Can I still do my dream job with these grades? What uni do you want to go to- will you meet the entry requirments? I would be asking myself this- if the answer is no then retake the year, if the answer is yes then what's the point of retaking a year?

Hope this helps
thanks so much for the response, honestly I asked myself these questions and I don't know my grades fluctuate really and most of the unis I want to go to are either AAB or AAA. In addition to this, I don't think I would be able to be happy at school whilst having to be in classes with all of the year below. Honestly, I don't want to retake but I'm just so nervous about regretting not doing it.
emma543
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lailahzaman)
thanks so much for the response, honestly I asked myself these questions and I don't know my grades fluctuate really and most of the unis I want to go to are either AAB or AAA. In addition to this, I don't think I would be able to be happy at school whilst having to be in classes with all of the year below. Honestly, I don't want to retake but I'm just so nervous about regretting not doing it.
What degree do you want do? As some unis offer foundation years- which might be beneficial to you- maybe wait till you get your predicted grades and then decide- you still have time to revise and getting your grades up as well
lailahzaman
Rep:
?
What degree do you want do? As some unis offer foundation years- which might be beneficial to you- maybe wait till you get your predicted grades and then decide- you still have time to revise and getting your grades up as well
I would love to do english lit and film, I really just don't know what to do
emma543
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lailahzaman)
I would love to do english lit and film, I really just don't know what to do
Perhaps- keeping going and take the exams- then you might find you get some of the grades you want which means you would only have to retake one or two subjects rather than all of them
lailahzaman
Rep:
?
Perhaps- keeping going and take the exams- then you might find you get some of the grades you want which means you would only have to retake one or two subjects rather than all of them
thanks so much for the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (34)
8%
Confident (55)
12.94%
Indifferent (60)
14.12%
Unsure (110)
25.88%
Worried (166)
39.06%

Watched Threads

Latest