IS anyone as unlucky as me? I always have to deal with the rudest people in the outsi

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
outside world and it makes me never want to leave my house?
its happened to me at 2 previous jobs.
Its really off putting especially because I am 20 years old. Every time its the rudest people. My friends even tell me that its so weird how I always encounter the rudest impolite people. I am a nice kind person who just likes to do my thing and get out.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Some people are born with invariably fatal congenital defects; I respectfully think such persons were probably dealt a worse hand in life than you.
Archetypally
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you get to a point where you think that everyone you meet is rude or unlikable then it might be time for a bit of introspection.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
Some people are born with invariably fatal congenital defects; I respectfully think such persons were probably dealt a worse hand in life than you.
I have been through **** in my lfe. Abused and bullied when I was younger. Deaths in my family. Do you think that gives me an excuse to be a di** towards everyone?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Archetypally)
If you get to a point where you think that everyone you meet is rude or unlikable then it might be time for a bit of introspection.
As mentioned I am not a problematic or mean person. Its just my luck. I am probably one of the nicest persons you could ever meet lol. not to toot my own horn but I dont know how else to say it
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have been through **** in my lfe. Abused and bullied when I was younger.
So have a million other people; only a lot of them were born with, and died from, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Such people were worse of than you, in my humble opinion. And probably never made a 'woe is me' thread on TSR in their short lives.
Deaths in my family.
I'm pretty sure that's happened to someone else before, too.
Do you think that gives me an excuse to be a di** towards everyone?
I think you probably use every excuse you can.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Imagine what a policeman or policewoman has to deal with. Or anyone in a shop in Bournemouth yesterday. Far worse.
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As mentioned I am not a problematic or mean person. Its just my luck. I am probably one of the nicest persons you could ever meet lol. not to toot my own horn but I dont know how else to say it
And some people will see this as something to exploit. They could be having a bad day, and looking for the right excuse and right person to release their temper on.

Even I've done it occasionally, though usually isn't for no reason. I can get irate with customer services when I feel like their products or services don't live up to what came across in their marketing bulls**t. I have strong words for things like that, and though I don't think I normally take it out on individuals, they might sometimes take my comments personally.

Edit: I went on a proper troll on Amazon once, 1-starring products because of their marketing tactics. There wasn't anything technically wrong with the products. But when someone says something like "this a rucksack with an additional security features", I expect that these 'security features' would actually set the product apart from its competition. Instead all it was, was a pair of rings attached to the zips which you could fit a padlock through. Like, bruh. I didn't even buy it. But I felt irate for the time I wasted reading about the product only to find out it was bs, and gave them a bad review for it.

lol. And they approved my review.
Last edited by NonIndigenous; 1 week ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Its really off putting especially because I am 20 years old. Every time its the rudest people. My friends even tell me that its so weird how I always encounter the rudest impolite people. I am a nice kind person who just likes to do my thing and get out.
I work in pharmacy. It’s a joyous experience sometimes. :K:
jdsgirlfriend28
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's honestly so horrible and for no reason at all. I don't get it? I work in a shop and people can't even say "hi" to me. If I go abroad I can say hi to the people over there in their language but for some reason not here. It annoys me
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Unfortunately, you get some people who are just downright rude (personally, my pet hate is people not saying "Sorry" or "Thank you"... I find that generally the more built-up an area is, the less polite / friendly people are in general. Just remember, there are a lot of nice / polite people out there as well... just that we're conditioned to remember the bad things that happen to us, rather than the good things. For example, if we're driving, we're far more likely to remember the idiot who cut us up, rather than that dude /dudette who kindly let us out of a difficult junction.

(Original post by jdsgirlfriend28)
It's honestly so horrible and for no reason at all. I don't get it? I work in a shop and people can't even say "hi" to me. If I go abroad I can say hi to the people over there in their language but for some reason not here. It annoys me
Again, that's something that comes with Customer Service in general... way I deal with it is as long as the rudeness is not directed at me, personally, I can just brush it off. Remember 90% of the time, the customer is p!ssed of with the surrounding situation and not you personally.

Just remember, you're not in control over the things people say and do to you... you ARE in control as to how you let those things affect you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
And some people will see this as something to exploit. They could be having a bad day, and looking for the right excuse and right person to release their temper on.

Even I've done it occasionally, though usually isn't for no reason. I can get irate with customer services when I feel like their products or services don't live up to what came across in their marketing bulls**t. I have strong words for things like that, and though I don't think I normally take it out on individuals, they might sometimes take my comments personally.

Edit: I went on a proper troll on Amazon once, 1-starring products because of their marketing tactics. There wasn't anything technically wrong with the products. But when someone says something like "this a rucksack with an additional security features", I expect that these 'security features' would actually set the product apart from its competition. Instead all it was, was a pair of rings attached to the zips which you could fit a padlock through. Like, bruh. I didn't even buy it. But I felt irate for the time I wasted reading about the product only to find out it was bs, and gave them a bad review for it.

lol. And they approved my review.
you're definitely a 'Karen'
Anonymous #1
So have a million other people; only a lot of them were born with, and died from, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Such people were worse of than you, in my humble opinion. And probably never made a 'woe is me' thread on TSR in their short lives.I'm pretty sure that's happened to someone else before, too.I think you probably use every excuse you can.
How the heck did we go to muscular dystrophy. My question has nothing to do with that. You triggered snowflake
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you're definitely a 'Karen'
I like that innuendo. Made me laugh.

But, no. I hold people to their word though. If what comes out of their mouths, or what they put on paper, doesn't match their actions... I often have something to say about it.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
just man up and stop being such a wimp and ignore them rude f1ckers
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There is clearly something about you that is p**sing these people off. SO unless you are working for the police force, a benefits office, accident and emergency or a call centre, I think you need to man up and do a bit of self inspection
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
www.notalwaysright.com
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How the heck did we go to muscular dystrophy. My question has nothing to do with that.
No, but it was to do with how you are supposedly so unlucky, even though as I have demonstrated you are living the dream compared to other people.
You triggered snowflake
Says the person who doesn't want to leave the house because he gets so triggered by people being impolite :laugh:
Anonymous #1
No, but it was to do with how you are supposedly so unlucky, even though as I have demonstrated you are living the dream compared to other people.Says the person who doesn't want to leave the house because he gets so triggered by people being impolite :laugh:
lmao so I am not allowed to have my own problems huh? theres always going to be someone worse off. BUT i am talking about MYSELF. Apply your own advice to your life then. Next time you talk about your problems I hope someone will tell you theres another perosn whos dying of Leukodystrophy with metastatic cancer
Anonymous #4
Report 6 days ago
I have been through **** in my lfe. Abused and bullied when I was younger. Deaths in my family. Do you think that gives me an excuse to be a di** towards everyone?
I'm sorry to hear of this. I can get and still get really paranoid of strangers and people I've known and been friends with for ages! It sticks with you certain experiences. It's one thing people treating you unkind but another to personally attack you. You can only know that based on how you see them treat other people which in most cases you won't. No one can shame you but yourself. You can just compassionately assume that when people are rude to you, that it is just to do with their own stuff and they are like this to everyone especially those who challenge them. I will say honestly that as one bullied person to another there is nothing wrong with you and you have nothing to be ashamed of. People probably actually like you more than you like yourself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (58)
19.14%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
21.12%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.14%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (64)
21.12%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (30)
9.9%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.57%

Watched Threads