cherlloydfan1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey guys so I've just finished a masters degree in computer science and I've been looking for a job but I don't feel smart enough to do a lot of these jobs and the ones that I've applied to I get rejected from or don't hear back from so I don't know what to do now help??
emma543
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Try and get some unpaid work experience and then have a part-time job on the side- then at least you have something relevant to the job you want to write about on your CV? Maybe, try and reapply to these jobs asking for a months work experience?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have your CV reviewed. Make sure you know how to tailor your CV and cover letter. Be realistic about the jobs you apply for. If possible, ask for feedback as to why your application hasn't been successful.
Anonymous17!
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you’re not getting invited to interview, it’s your cv and work experience. It is possible though hard to get a job without much or any experience. If you’re making it to interview but no getting offers, it’s your interview technique. Even then, you can work on that but someone could still beat you out for one reason or another. I always think of applying for jobs like the lottery in a way. You can prepare for it but winning is still just luck. Of course, someone with 100 lottery tickets might have a better chance of winning than someone with 5 lottery tickets (think of this as experience and being good at interviews etc) but still, the person with the least number of tickets could still win due to luck. But definitely prepare. Get your cv checked and then start working on interview technique. And good luck
HackableYou
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Get some help, talk to a recruitment consultant, get out and network on LinkedIn. TSR isn’t the best place for career advice past a certain age from what I can see. Expand your professional network
townsend10755
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think you should boost your resume first. Do simple task that relates to what you'd want to apply for. I also heard that majority of hiring managers will look at a person’s online presence even before reaching out to them for a job interview. One of the most important aspects of your job search is to ensure that your online presence is up to date and professional.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (32)
8.08%
Confident (54)
13.64%
Indifferent (56)
14.14%
Unsure (102)
25.76%
Worried (152)
38.38%

Watched Threads

Latest