GCSE 2020 Results Stress

Watch
veryworriediam
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
this is not really a question but I just really want some advice about the GCSE results day 2020,due to the coronavirus pandemic our exams have been cancelled, and it has been said that our teacher are giving us our results and that it is based of our mock exams. I am from a Tamil family and my parents are very very strict I lied to them saying that I got all 8 and 9 in my mocks because they send me to tuition and they spend a lot of money on my education. they have travelled very far distances to send me to extra classes for my GCSE, but the results I got in my mocks were actually ungraded in 3 of my subjects and grade 4 in the others and one 5. and my parents want me to to a good sixth form but the sixth form they want me go to has very very high expectations. considering being Tamil it is very stressful as that my life is never gonna end up well and that I am gonna lose everyone that I have right now because of my GCSE's results, that are going to be awful this year.whenever I tell my parents that I feel depressed about somethings in my life ,being a child of a Tamil parent ,they never understand. and I know that I have lied to them about my mocks but I don't know how to escape from losing things in my life. if you did read all this thank you, it took me a lot if guts to do this but I did't know how else to get this of my chest. thanks for reading and if you have any advice please tell me. thank you ver much for reading
Last edited by Interrobang; 1 week ago
gevieevie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I hope you're okay and you're not stressing too much about this. I'd say wait until your results because you never know they might be alright. Granted they wont be 8/9s, but if you're confessing to them now ungraded etc but your results come out decent then it wont help your case. I promise you GCSEs arent the be all end all even though they feel like they are. I know what having strict parents is like, no matter the results use that to motivate you for sixth form or college and develop your work ethic. They'll be mad that you lied but its okay they'll get over it, don't stress there's nothing you can do now apart from maybe watching useful videos on revision etc to help you out in the future. A levels are very very hard and you will struggle a lot if you fall behind so try to keep that in mind. it'll be ok.
Turtle01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
First off, you're very young to be so worried! Take a deep breath. I remember being around your stage, and although I was (and am) privileged, it was quite stressful. Having a lot of pressure on you changes the game a bit, but it's still manageable. Worst case scenario is you get bad GCSE grades and don't get into the sixth form you want. Even if this does happen, life goes on (I know that's a cliche, but it's true to an extent.)
I think it's great you feel able to speak out when you're having a tough time, that's a very mature skill to have. Whatever your results are, you're still unique and valuable, and you still have beautiful talents, even if they may not be academic ones at this point in time. Would you be able to talk to a teacher about the stress you're under or something? I know not all teachers are sympathetic but most should be, and they want to help you learn.

As you're getting pass grades in several subjects (you didn't say how many, but all of your 4s and your 5 are passes) you should be able to get into a sixth form college, which gives you a fresh start. Obviously a pandemic is a pretty rubbish time to have GCSE stress too, but you do have options, so don't give up. Maybe figure out why you're getting low grades and you can fix those problems going into sixth form. If you want to talk more, I'm still here :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads