Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Please don’t get mad at me I see loads of these posts and I already feel bad about it 😬 I’m 16 & in foster care btw but no daddy issues. I talk to older guys a lot (they’re about 20-25) and I really wanna date them way more than someone my own age and I feel like there’s something wrong with me lol. They’re really nice but I’m scared to get in trouble if I date someone older than 18 because of what people say even though they’re not creepy or anything. I feel like they care more u know?
Anonymous #1
I forgot I didn’t actually ask the question. Is there something wrong with me that I need to sort out or do other people date older guys too
NonIndigenous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Please don’t get mad at me I see loads of these posts and I already feel bad about it 😬 I’m 16 & in foster care btw but no daddy issues. I talk to older guys a lot (they’re about 20-25) and I really wanna date them way more than someone my own age and I feel like there’s something wrong with me lol. They’re really nice but I’m scared to get in trouble if I date someone older than 18 because of what people say even though they’re not creepy or anything. I feel like they care more u know?
I don't think this is too unusual. A little bit, only.

Not knowing you at all myself, if this is something you're into, I think you should take things like this slowly. Get to know them, bit by bit, and understand their intentions. Don't just 'latch onto them' because of their age and appearance: that would give them too much leverage before you even know them very well, on top of the advantage they already have over you because of the age gap.

If, that is also something you are 'into', fair, ok. Just, be aware of it, and do it with trustworthy people. Take is slow, first, basically, is the main advice.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
I don't think this is too unusual. A little bit, only.

Not knowing you at all myself, if this is something you're into, I think you should take things like this slowly. Get to know them, bit by bit, and understand their intentions. Don't just 'latch onto them' because of their age and appearance: that would give them too much leverage before you even know them very well, on top of the advantage they already have over you because of the age gap.

If, that is also something you are 'into', fair, ok. Just, be aware of it, and do it with trustworthy people. Take is slow, first, basically, is the main advice.
Thanks
SweetSexySavage
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nothing wrong with it, just wat til you are old enough to date these older men
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SweetSexySavage)
Nothing wrong with it, just wat til you are old enough to date these older men
When am I old enough?
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks
Another thing to add, I think, as I think it's something I've noticed before with girls who tend to be attracted to unusually large age gaps... they often do not have particularly many friendships. Or stable family either. I don't know why this is, but it is what I've seen. I may be wrong, I've not actually looked at this closer in the past. It might be true for guys as well. I'm not sure. I'll think about that in my own time, lol.

It's better, if you have someone close to you like a friend or family member who you trust, whom you can rely on for a 2nd opinion. Who won't get jealous either, for example.
Last edited by NonIndigenous; 2 weeks ago
TheStarboy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Another thing to add, I think, as I think it's something I've noticed before with girls who tend to be attracted to unusually large age gaps... they often do not have particularly many friendships. Or stable family either. I don't know why this is, but it is what I've seen. I may be wrong, I've not actually looked at this closer in the past. It might be true for guys as well. I'm not sure. I'll think about that in my own time, lol.

It's better, if you have someone close to you like a friend or family member who you trust, whom you can rely on for a 2nd opinion. Who won't get jealous either, for example.
I’m 20 so I’m within your range of older man. I don’t blame you for wanting to date older guys but unless you’re really, really mature physically and mentally (and that’s a big if), I don’t think they would date you at all (the sensible ones won’t anyway). The ones who do care about you either want to actually help you but not date you or are manipulating you.
Last edited by TheStarboy; 2 weeks ago
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You wouldn't get in trouble, and it's pretty normal to feel that way.
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TheStarboy)
I’m 20 so I’m within your range of older man. I don’t blame you for wanting to date older guys but unless you’re really, really mature physically and mentally (and that’s a big if), I don’t think they would date you at all (the sensible ones won’t anyway). The ones who do care about you either want to actually help you but not date you or are manipulating you.
Quoted the wrong person, lol. But I agree with this properly.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
When am I old enough?
Over 18, basically
Toscana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
16 and 20 would be normal. 16 and 25 would be very weird
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Drewski)
Over 18, basically
But u said I wouldn’t get in trouble with dating now and 2 years isn’t really a big wait tbh?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Toscana)
16 and 20 would be normal. 16 and 25 would be very weird
It’s only 5 years tho? Why is it weird?
TheStarboy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Quoted the wrong person, lol. But I agree with this properly.
Oops. Yeah, I meant to tag OP but thanks for agreeing
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
But u said I wouldn’t get in trouble with dating now and 2 years isn’t really a big wait tbh?
You won't get in trouble, but the guys you're trying to date might.

And even if there's no trouble, it doesn't mean you won't get abuse or digs, because people won't like it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TheStarboy)
Thx
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Drewski)
You won't get in trouble, but the guys you're trying to date might.

And even if there's no trouble, it doesn't mean you won't get abuse or digs, because people won't like it.
Wait why would they get in trouble if the age of consent is 16? Are u fr
Toscana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It’s only 5 years tho? Why is it weird?
9 years difference vs 4 years difference. You’re not even an adult either
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Wait why would they get in trouble if the age of consent is 16? Are u fr
Because you're under 18.

It's not necessarily about the laws, but about morals. People won't like a 16 year old kid (because that's what you are, whether you like it or not) going out with adults in their 20s.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (34)
8%
Confident (55)
12.94%
Indifferent (60)
14.12%
Unsure (110)
25.88%
Worried (166)
39.06%

Watched Threads