Applying for training contract/vacation schemes twice?

Watch
anon5252
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
If you get rejected for a vacation scheme/training contracts, can you apply for them again?
Johnny ~
Report 2 weeks ago
Depends on what stage you got rejected at.

If it's at the assessment centre/interview stage, they probably won't interview you in the next cycle.
Varis
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You also can't apply to the same position / opportunity in the same cycle.
anon5252
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Varis)
You also can't apply to the same position / opportunity in the same cycle.
I am in first year. If I apply for a vacation scheme for example, Freshfields next year and I get rejected next year, can I apply again for the vac scheme in third year?
lawcalling
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anon5252)
I am in first year. If I apply for a vacation scheme for example, Freshfields next year and I get rejected next year, can I apply again for the vac scheme in third year?
You should be fine as it’s two different cycles. I applied for two MC vacs and was rejected at application stage, however received two invitiations for direct training contract interviews at the same firms the following summer. On a side note, I’d probably go for direct TC’s in your final year (unless you really feel you need the experience).
Last edited by lawcalling; 1 week ago
Varis
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anon5252)
Yeah - they're two different cycles. 21/22 and 22/23. Some firms may even let you apply for the VS and TC in the same cycle, even if you got rejected from the VS, for example.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (22)
8.4%
Confident (31)
11.83%
Indifferent (46)
17.56%
Unsure (69)
26.34%
Worried (94)
35.88%

Watched Threads