RobloxJehangir
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Good morrow too all!

I am a student currently taking my a levels. Due to the corona virus pandemic. My school has decided to issue prediction based on past diligence. Hence, the results given to me this morning. These grades are not up to scratch with my current performance and are outdated!

Predictions: A*AA

I am applying to study at Imperial and the entry requirements are:

A*A*A

as seen i am only one off. Does this mean that there maybe a chance that my application will be considered at all? Or will they just decline it instantly?

Signing off,
Jehangir!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RobloxJehangir)
Good morrow too all!

I am a student currently taking my a levels. Due to the corona virus pandemic. My school has decided to issue prediction based on past diligence. Hence, the results given to me this morning. These grades are not up to scratch with my current performance and are outdated!

A*A*A

as seen i am only one off. Does this mean that there maybe a chance that my application will be considered at all? Or will they just decline it instantly?

Signing off,
Jehangir!
Contact imperial directly and ask them if applying with A*AA predictions would affect your chances of an offer.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RobloxJehangir)
Good morrow too all!

A*A*A

Signing off,
Jehangir!
If you think your predicted grades don't represent your current performance, then talk to your subject teachers where you think you deserve an A* and ask if there is anything you can do to demonstrate this either now or in September.

You can also talk to Imperial, but remember that predicted grades are just one part of your application- so if you also have strong GCSEs, and a good PS and reference, they may consider you with slightly lower predicted grades. Unis will know that it's harder for teachers to make accurate predictions this year as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (71)
19.03%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.38%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.23%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.46%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
10.99%

Watched Threads