What is the earliest month to have mock exams in year 10?

Watch
Exite
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The question.
jayjayhilts
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In year 10? I can't imagine any time earlier than after Easter because you can't have learnt enough GCSE content! I had mine in May (the week before may half term), which is slightly earlier than most who have theirs in June (if this is GCSE's you are talking about). Anyway, expect after Easter holidays.
Exite
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by jayjayhilts)
In year 10? I can't imagine any time earlier than after Easter because you can't have learnt enough GCSE content! I had mine in May (the week before may half term), which is slightly earlier than most who have theirs in June (if this is GCSE's you are talking about). Anyway, expect after Easter holidays.
Okay. Also, do they count towards GCSE?
jayjayhilts
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Exite)
Okay. Also, do they count towards GCSE?
Your year 10 exams? Nope, not at all! The clue is in the word "mock" - it is a practise for the real things. The year 10 exams are a halfway checkup point to see how you are doing, don't stress about them, no-one will ever know your grades except yourself and your teachers. They are for your own benefit so you can see which areas you need to improve in, Nothing counts towards your GCSEs except the exams you take in May/June of year 11 and maybe any coursework you may do (though not all schools do this).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise