RyMvrtin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was wondering if you guys think entry requirements will be lowered this year. I was thinking it might because people might defer this year which means university’s May lower the requirements so people can get in. I’m not so sure though . What do you guys think?
littlepike
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RyMvrtin)
I was wondering if you guys think entry requirements will be lowered this year. I was thinking it might because people might defer this year which means university’s May lower the requirements so people can get in. I’m not so sure though . What do you guys think?
I think it might be a factor. For example, many universities are struggling finically due to Covid-19. So I imagine all universities will try to do as much as possible to make sure their courses are full of students from Sep 2020.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RyMvrtin)
It depends on the university- top unis will be affected by student number controls, and so probably won't lower entry requirements.

Other unis might be affected by deferrals, but bear in mind that unis don't have to allow students to defer- and lots of students won't want to risk having to reapply next year when things will be more competitive. It does seem like most unis will offer some face to face contact this autumn as well, which will probably mean less students wanting to defer. Therefore, I wouldn't assume deferrals will be a significant factor at every uni.

Also, bear in mind this is the last year of EU students getting home fees/funding.

In some cases unis will definitely let people in with missed grades, or let people with lower grades in via clearing- but this has been happening on quite a large scale over the last few years anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (71)
19.03%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.38%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.23%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.46%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
10.99%

Watched Threads