How many btecs are you supposed to take?

Watch
uhawieffewbf9wue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Are you meant to take three btecs like a levels or do you just take one?
babyshark
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no just one!
uhawieffewbf9wue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by babyshark)
no just one!
Thanks mate
babyshark
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by uhawieffewbf9wue)
Thanks mate
no worries, some places allow you to take 2 but it’s rare and some places allow you to take 1 a level with a btec
Anonymusy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends. If you do well in your GCSE's then you can do a level 3 BTEC which is equivalent to a levels, there's a one a level BTEC, a two a level BTEC and a 3 a level BTEC. If you get low grades in your GCSEs then you may have to start with a level 2 BTEC before doing the level 3 one. If you do the 1 or 2 a level BTEC then you may be able to do an a level or 2 beside it but I'm not sure if you can do more than one BTEC at the same time because they're all full time especially a level 3 BTEC there is no way you'd be able to fit another 1 in if you had to be in college 3-4 days a week
Last edited by Anonymusy; 1 year ago
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends what size and level the BTECs are.

A Level 3 extended diploma is the size of 3 A levels, a diploma is the size of 2 and a subsidiary diploma is the size of 1 A level.
CletusPotter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymusy)
It depends. If you do well in your GCSE's then you can do a level 3 BTEC which is equivalent to a levels, there's a one a level BTEC, a two a level BTEC and a 3 a level BTEC. If you get low grades in your GCSEs then you may have to start with a level 2 BTEC before doing the level 3 one. If you do the 1 or 2 a level BTEC then you may be able to do an a level or 2 beside it but I'm not sure if you can do more than one BTEC at the same time because they're all full time especially a level 3 BTEC there is no way you'd be able to fit another 1 in if you had to be in college 3-4 days a week
Some colleges will sometimes make you do a Level 2 BTEC anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.64%
Excited but a bit nervous (123)
45.9%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.06%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.4%

Watched Threads