Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m pretty sure I have an STI and if I do I’ve likely had it at least a year if not 2. I’ve had some mild recurrent infections for the past year ish that I thought were thrush so just ignored them because they weren’t bad, I was in a long term relationship and he was the only person I’ve ever slept with so never thought much of it.

That relationship ended November ish last year but sex had been painful for a few months previous, no discharge though so I assumed I was just dry and that’s why it hurt / recurrent yeast infections. Within the past few months I’ve been frequently sore and occasionally itchy but it was green discharge that had me worrying (this has only happened for the first time recently and a few times since) I’m not always sore but very frequently.

Based on my symptoms I figured it’s probably trichomoniasis so wasn’t too worried but I’ve now found out it’s not that common in the UK and now I’m worried I’ve got gonorrhoea or chlamydia that I will have had since that relationship started in 2018🤦*♀️ I’ve just sent off a test which will tell me if I’ve got either of those but I just wanted advice as I’m worried I’ve had it for a long time and it might’ve caused damage, how likely is this (I’m 18)?
FV75
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Rather than worrying about what it might be, just phone your local sexual health service - they will be able to answer all of your questions and do extra tests if you need them, and make sure that you get the right treatment.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
It could just be BV. I second the user above - you should see a health professional.
Elektra06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sounds like it could be BV if you don't identify it and treat it, then it can honestly stay for a long time.

There is a possibility that it's an STI you may benefit from going to a sexual health clinic as they can treat you for everything to be sure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (22)
8.4%
Confident (31)
11.83%
Indifferent (46)
17.56%
Unsure (69)
26.34%
Worried (94)
35.88%

Watched Threads