The Student Room Group

How are the classifications awarded in the Biology Olympiads?

I did the Intermediate Biology Olympiad (got bronze) last year and the British Biology Olympiad (highly commended) this year but I'm not actually sure what the classifications mean and how many get each of them.

I think the order of certificates is:

Commended
Highly commended
Bronze
Silver
Gold

If you don't understand what I mean, the senior maths challenge makes it clear awards are given to the top 60% in a 3:2:1 ratio of bronze:silver:gold. I'm basically want to know that for the biology olympiads, if the information is available.
Original post by username5243714
I did the Intermediate Biology Olympiad (got bronze) last year and the British Biology Olympiad (highly commended) this year but I'm not actually sure what the classifications mean and how many get each of them.

I think the order of certificates is:

Commended
Highly commended
Bronze
Silver
Gold

If you don't understand what I mean, the senior maths challenge makes it clear awards are given to the top 60% in a 3:2:1 ratio of bronze:silver:gold. I'm basically want to know that for the biology olympiads, if the information is available.

Does anyone have an answer for this
If you go to their official website, I think you will find some past papers and how many you should get for each classification is right there. I've attached the grade threshold for 2020 below. Hope it helps!
屏幕截图 2021-12-19 164610.png

Quick Reply

Latest