How are the classifications awarded in the Biology Olympiads?

Watch this thread
username5243714
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I did the Intermediate Biology Olympiad (got bronze) last year and the British Biology Olympiad (highly commended) this year but I'm not actually sure what the classifications mean and how many get each of them.

I think the order of certificates is:

Commended
Highly commended
Bronze
Silver
Gold

If you don't understand what I mean, the senior maths challenge makes it clear awards are given to the top 60% in a 3:2:1 ratio of bronze:silver:gold. I'm basically want to know that for the biology olympiads, if the information is available.
tecna
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by username5243714)
I did the Intermediate Biology Olympiad (got bronze) last year and the British Biology Olympiad (highly commended) this year but I'm not actually sure what the classifications mean and how many get each of them.

I think the order of certificates is:

Commended
Highly commended
Bronze
Silver
Gold

If you don't understand what I mean, the senior maths challenge makes it clear awards are given to the top 60% in a 3:2:1 ratio of bronze:silver:gold. I'm basically want to know that for the biology olympiads, if the information is available.
Does anyone have an answer for this
Emily Yin
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
If you go to their official website, I think you will find some past papers and how many you should get for each classification is right there. I've attached the grade threshold for 2020 below. Hope it helps!
Name:  屏幕截图 2021-12-19 164610.png
Views: 242
Size:  40.3 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads