Not sure where I will like/ready for uni and accommodation

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi their I’m going to uni this September and I’m still not 100% sure where that’s what I want to do or am ready at the moment for uni. As well due to this virus it’s making me not as excited to go to uni and I know it may really impact my experience which may lead me to drop it if I hate it in the future. Although if I do defer I know I won’t be able to get a job and be stuck doing nothing.
I was also thinking about getting uni accommodation and is becoming really hard to choose as I’m a shy person and not sure if I will like accommodation. So I’m not sure I will enjoy uni and may end up really hating it. Any advice is appreciated thanks
unfortunatelyeve
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi their I’m going to uni this September and I’m still not 100% sure where that’s what I want to do or am ready at the moment for uni. As well due to this virus it’s making me not as excited to go to uni and I know it may really impact my experience which may lead me to drop it if I hate it in the future. Although if I do defer I know I won’t be able to get a job and be stuck doing nothing.
I was also thinking about getting uni accommodation and is becoming really hard to choose as I’m a shy person and not sure if I will like accommodation. So I’m not sure I will enjoy uni and may end up really hating it. Any advice is appreciated thanks
Hi! Why do you think you won’t be able to get a job if you defer? If you’re unsure about anything I’d recommend deferring but that’s just because I had a really good experience with my gap year (I’ll be starting uni in sept). I worked in a sweet shop for 2 days a week at first which didn’t really require any qualifications, at the same time I was volunteering which lead me into a support worker job which I started in Jan and am loving.
I’m a very shy and anxious person too, I don’t think I would cope well at most unis but the uni I’m going to happens to have a separate campus for healthcare students so I’m hoping it’ll be friendly and quiet!!
Best of luck to you!<3 don’t let the virus influence you too much as if you are shy like me you will be eased into uni life more rather than having a mad freshers, which I’m kind of glad about, even though I want to try and push myself.
etienne26
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am kind of like you. Unsure about the subject I have chosen while I also feel I'm not going to get the grades I want. I also feel like I need to build up my self-esteem and confidence before I'm ready for uni. You can get a job though if you are determined to get one, if not you can always do volunteering with a charity and learn new skills. Think about why you are going uni, is it because everyone else is going/you feel pressured to go or do you want to pursue a subject you enjoy for three years and you think it is valuable for your future career. With regards to being shy, everyone at uni is new to the scene and you will meet people with your interests and passions through societies, you just have to put yourself out there.
Last edited by etienne26; 2 weeks ago
UniofReading
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,

It totally can be a difficult decision deciding whether to go or not to go to uni and there are many factors to consider not just accommodation. Personally, I think uni accommodation is a great way to make friends. Meeting everyone there for the first time can be quite daunting however, I think everyone is in the same boat and everyone is just as eager to make friends as you are.

Hope this helps!
From,

Amina
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (55)
8.89%
Confident (81)
13.09%
Indifferent (89)
14.38%
Unsure (159)
25.69%
Worried (235)
37.96%

Watched Threads

Latest