Meal prep advice

Watch
cbaforcba
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I want to start meal prepping for work, I work in retail and when it comes to eating dinner, since I work 2-10 shifts, its easy to just eat like a microwave meal etc, anyways I have been living of chicken, rice and vegetables recently, as you can tell I'm trying to get protein in my meals etc, but currently I'm not that much of a chef so thatch one of a handful of things I can do, I want to take that to work with me, I am useless when it comes to this stuff, so how would I do it.

I'm guessing prepare it the night before and keep it in the fridge, to be honest, I use microwave rice, so I could probably just get that at work, but even if I just take pre cooked chicken and buy the rest at work, could I microwave it to heat it up, I cook the chicken on a hob?
HackableYou
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes you can reheat chicken that you’ve already cooked. Maybe cook a big batch of mince meat at the start of the week and it can be used for different meals, chilli, Bolognese etc
AnotherRandom
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes what the guy above said is good but also find more convenient and fast ways to help get your daily protein intake.

A good option is Casein protein powder. Why this one particular? you may ask well that’s because it’s a slow digesting protein which feeds your cells with essential amino acids (from the lactose it’s derived from) over a longer period of time. This type is also thicker and will help keep you fuller for longer. However, do not think these are meal replacements they are not these are just to help get you to your optimal protein intake and should not replace balanced meals. And it’s also helpful that these are quick and easy to make have 1-2 of these a day spread out.

As for meal prep dedicate a period of time on your day off to make meals in bulk in preparation for several days to come. These will keep in the fridge for this long and can simply be reheated at work and etc...
Rose Dose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello. I'm also not such a chef, but I can give a couple of tips. Of course, both chicken and rice can be heated in the microwave.
regarding the question "where to get protein?" then I can confidently say that you get tofu. it is a readable protein! it can be prepared in various ways, the main thing is not to eat raw, although it is possible, but just the taste is not pleasant.
I can advise quinoa porridge in it is also a large amount of protein and it is well stored and can be heated.
cbaforcba
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AnotherRandom)
A good option is Casein protein powder.

As for meal prep dedicate a period of time on your day off to make meals in bulk in preparation for several days to come. These will keep in the fridge for this long and can simply be reheated at work and etc...
Yeah, thanks for the whole response and I will definitely look into that protein powder, I have every sunday off so will dedicate that as my meal prep day, thanks for the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you want Freshers' Fairs to work this year?

Completely online (1)
16.67%
A mix of in-person and online options (0)
0%
As many in-person events as is safe to do (5)
83.33%
I don't plan on attending a Freshers' Fair (0)
0%

Watched Threads