Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
So for my final exams like I have said before you can sit in may or August. I sat the first exam in may but wasn’t well so left the second one for August. In the exam I sat I got a C and I asked if I could re-take because I wasn’t well and even provided evidence from the doctor and the lecturer said no. But apparently people who sat the exams and passed have been emailed the option to retake because the examiner board think they could do better. How is that fair?
Econ1906
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Have you contacted your course department?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hey thank you for replying, I asked the head of exams in my course department to retake. So yeah I did
Econ1906
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Usually it’s the department who decide retakes not your lecturer. If your evidence was accepted, then you’re allowed a retake. The general rule is that you get 2 attempts at an exam. If the department said you can retake them that should be fine. Maybe the lecturer does not know your situation, maybe copy them into the dept reply you got
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But apparently people who sat the exams and passed have been emailed the option to retake because the examiner board think they could do better. How is that fair?
That's pretty much the opposite of what the examination board is for so I highly, highly doubt that's true.
mike23mike
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
If you have passed a module you cannot then retake the assessments to increase your grade. If you have written proof that other students have been given the chance to retake the exam (and you are being denied) then make a formal complaint.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Econ1906)
Usually it’s the department who decide retakes not your lecturer. If your evidence was accepted, then you’re allowed a retake. The general rule is that you get 2 attempts at an exam. If the department said you can retake them that should be fine. Maybe the lecturer does not know your situation, maybe copy them into the dept reply you got
Hey thanks for replying, the lecturer I asked, the one I emailed and she said no, is the head of exams
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
That's pretty much the opposite of what the examination board is for so I highly, highly doubt that's true.
That’s what everyone is saying and some people have said they got the pope to retake
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mike23mike)
If you have passed a module you cannot then retake the assessments to increase your grade. If you have written proof that other students have been given the chance to retake the exam (and you are being denied) then make a formal complaint.
Thanks, the only written proof I have is people on the course watsapp groupchat
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
A C is ok though?
mike23mike
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks, the only written proof I have is people on the course watsapp groupchat
That's good enough. Do a screengrab of the chats where other students have stated they are being allowed to retake and send it to your head of exams advising you wish to make a formal complaint at the unfair treatment you are getting.

If there is a formal investigation then know that you have thrown your friends under the bus if they have been yanking your chain and writing that they are allowed to retake when they have not been told that by the uni. On the flip side, if your friends have been advised they can retake then it's unfair on you and you have every right to complain.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (38)
20.99%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (45)
24.86%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (29)
16.02%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (39)
21.55%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (16)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (14)
7.73%

Watched Threads